7 - "Breeze"

Cilia paid the taxi driver then stepped out of the car. She barely got to shut the door before the black Lincoln zoomed off. She jumped back so the back tire wouldn't roll over her foot and shook her head, watching the car disappear down the block. Looking up, Cilia peered into the Internet café that had full glass windows, giving her a view of everyone inside.

The place was pretty full. She could see people sitting at tables eating, other people at computers with headphones on and a bunch of waiters and waitresses running around serving people. The place seemed really fancy inside, the entire area did. Which was a surprise to Cilia considering the area Allele and Iris lived in wasn't too far from here.

As she walked toward the café she decided to survey the block at the same time just to scope out the area she was in. A place across the street caught her attention making her do a double take. It was the only place that was lit up with a blue light, labeled 'Breeze.' Cilia could hear what sounded like muffled music and when she looked closer, she saw a small line out front being watched by a man dressed in a suit.

A club? She asked herself, breaking her neck to get a good look. She looked at the Internet café she was now standing right in front of and back across the street, having a silent battle with herself. Maybe I should go over there, she thought. She's always heard of things like clubs in prison and wanted to check them out. Besides, she didn't want Iris and Allele to know where she was honestly. She wanted to be by herself and only took Allele's suggest to going to the café because she didn't have anywhere else in mind. So by going somewhere else, he wouldn't be able to pull up on her if he came looking for her.

Cilia nodded her head to herself in confirmation, deciding to ditch the Internet café and go across the street. When she got to the other side, she stepped onto the sidewalk and slowly approached the place, noticing the big, bald White man dressed in a suit, standing outside with the crowd of what was like thirty people, parked behind a purple velvet colored rope.

Cilia realized she was right about the music now that she could hear it thumping inside of the building. It seemed dangerously loud. Gripping the strap of the small leather purse that was slung across her body, Cilia began to approach the entrance of the club until the bouncer stopped her.

"Stop trying to be funny before you don't get in at all. Don't you see the line?" The man barked, pointing to the crowd of people who were all grilling her.

Just then a fight on the line broke out between two men, one picking the other up and slamming him on his back which took the velvet rope down with them.