26 - "Crossing The Line For Dollar Signs"

Cilia pulled her head back to look Allele in the face. Shocked, she opened her mouth to say something, but no words would come out. After a moment, she tried to speak again, but before she could, she felt a strong calloused hand on her shoulder.

She turned her head and looked into the face of an older man. He was really handsome she had to admit. He stood next to a woman who also seemed to be in his age group; probably somewhere in their mid-forties, but they both carried it well. They were Indian. Cilia could tell from their unique tanned skin and silky black Raven hair. Their noses were bone straight and they had faces that screamed rich. They must have used great products to keep up their youthful appearance.

"Good evening," The man started, "my name is Siddharth and this is my wife Rudra...we noticed you guys from across the room. We were watching you dance the whole time. You guys seem to glow...are you together?" He motioned with his index finger, pointing back and forth between them.

Allele inwardly sighed, he had finally worked up the courage to get what he's been dying to get off his chest for years and it was interrupted. Maybe it's a sign, probably not the right time is all, he thought to himself. Allele looked at the man and pulled Cilia next to his side territorially, sliding a hand around her and resting it on her hip. "My wife."

Cilia cleared her throat and gave the Indian couple an awkward smile. Even though the real reason they came had been cancelled by default, they still had a role to play because they were still in public. Therefore staying in character was important, even when in the face of complete strangers. So with that, Cilia instantly got into character, forgetting about the somewhat of an awkward moment between her and Allele just now.

"Mm." Siddharth said, eyeing Cilia. He took in her slender frame and captivating eyes. He couldn't tell if she was mixed. She looked like a pure Black girl but the eyes were throwing him off. She was beautiful and her revealing maxi dress gave her this innocent but sexy look at the same time. He turned back toward Allele. "Your wife is very beautiful."

"I know." Allele said dryly, not liking the way the man's eyes roamed.

"How long have you two been married?" He asked.

"Two years."

"You guys seem really infatuated with each other. I bet it didn't take long for the two of you to fall in love."

"Nope, it was love at first sight. Anything she wants I'll make sure she gets and I'll do everything for her. She'll never need anybody else as long as she has me."