28 - "The Connect"

Start from the beginning

Cilia agreed and they all stopped in front of a bench to take a rest. It had only been three weeks since they ran away from home, but it felt like ages. Even though Allele and the twins weren't that familiar with each other, they've hung out for at least a month prior to them all running off, plus they were all kids so they got along fine. Except for Cilia and Allele's constant bickering.

"Aight, what ya'll want to eat?" Allele asked, climbing on top of the green painted, New York city owned bench. The sun was baking the wood making it scorching hot. So Allele sat at the very top, planting his feet on the seat while the two girls stood in front of him. It was Summer and it was extremely hot.

Allele still had $9,500 of the money he stole from his mother so they were good. He felt rich, and having all that money in his hands at only ten, he sort of was. Since it was his money he controlled it, but he usually always gave the twins anything they asked for. All they had to do was ask.

"Ooo, pizza!" Iris suggested. She hadn't had it in a while and the smell coming from the pizza parlor across the street was an aroma like no other.

"Yeah I guess." Cilia said, she was just hungry and could really give a shit.

Allele nodded his head and slid the book bag off his back. He had two bags, one with all the money in it and the other with all his change of clothes. He went into the money bag and located a ten dollar bill. He handed it to Iris and zipped the bag back up. He wasn't really hungry even though he hadn't eaten for the day.

"Thank you, can I get toppings on it?" Iris cheesed, her amber eyes glimmering in the sun.

Allele chuckled, "You could get whatever you want baby girl."

Iris squealed, clapping her hands together as she took off running toward the shop. She knew that meant she didn't have to bring change back. She was about to get a bunch of toppings. Cilia yelled for her to come back and wait but she waved her off, too hungry to wait. Cilia sucked her teeth, it was two o'clock in the afternoon and 90° degrees out so nothing would happen to her.

Cilia turned back toward Allele, a usual pout on her small lips. She stuck her hand out.

Allele arched an eyebrow and looked her up and down. "What?"

"The money for my pizza." She snapped, glaring at him.

Allele licked his lips, taking in her white tank top and denim blue shorts decorated with a bunch of daises. Her hair was up in a puff, two tiny stud earrings in her ears. She was so cute Allele wanted to kiss her. A second later his eyes met her's. "And that's how you ask somebody for they money?"

Cilia sucked her teeth. He was always being so damn extra. "Can you just give me the money or not. You gave it to Iris why you always bothering me?"

"Because Iris is nice, you need to be like your sister and stop snapping all the damn time." He said.