I went to the wardrobe to take out my work uniform. I work in the local dive bar near UCLA. The uniform mainly consists of a short midriff t shirt and black hot pants. However I choose to ditch the Hot pant and wear leggings instead. The outfit still clings to my body in a way that men would consider sexy so management got no cause to complain.

I grabbed my purse and sneakers before leaving the Apartment. It was only a ten minute walk to the Tiki bar and grill.

"You're late!" Thomas stated as he breezed past me in the bar with plates full of food.

"Hey." I gave a wave to James behind the bar. He took a moment from shaking a cocktail to give me the finger. A little sigh escaped my lips. He still hasn't forgiven me.

I put my bag and jacket in the staff room which was located next to the managers office. The door was closed as I made my way back onto the bar floor. Which I was grateful for I was not in the mood for my manager right now.

"Hey!" Samantha said coming beside me as I took out my notepad. Ready to take some tables orders. "How come your late?"

"My agent called to tell me that I was on TV." I couldn't contain my glee I was bursting with happiness. "I just had to see it. Unlike the other production I done. They didn't cut all my lines. I had at least five minutes air time."

"That is so amazing." Sam pulled me into a fierce hug. "Just make sure you remember me when you make it big in Hollywood."

I felt my cheeks heat up in a blush. "I think I may be pass that now. I'm too old."

"Nonsense. Helen Mirren and Goldie Hawn are still around." Sam tried to reason.

"You compared me to those pensioners?" I said jokingly.

"Get back to work and stop gossiping!" Thomas ordered as he he walked past us to the managers office.

"That man is getting too big for his boots." Sam commented as she gave him a dirty look.

I nodded in agreement as I tied up my dark hair into a bun on top of my head.

Work was busier than normal as it was May so a lot of tourist was in the city. Being a Waitress a the Tiki Bar was hard work. We had to take the orders to the kitchen and to the bar. Wait for the drinks and food. As well as cleaning up our work spaces getting them ready for the new patrons. All this we do and we barely make a living. Yet the boss is raking it in.

I sighed as I finished shift putting on my Jacket. I definitely need a new job. The outside cold air felt good on my heated skin. I leaned my head back to put my face up looking at the sky.

"I feel it too baby girl." Samantha took out a cigarette to light it up. "We both are meant for more potential."

"Than this hellish place?" I turned round to look at her.

Sam puffed out some smoke before responding. "I been here for three years. I'm turning thirty next week. Don't let life pass you by. I'm looking for a job back in Texas. It's time I went back home. Hollywood is not for me." She let out a long drag the stomped out the butt on the floor.

"I know. I been working here since I got to Hollywood. Just one more year. Then I be heading home too. I promise." I squeezed her hand.

"Don't get caught up in the dream." She advised as she walked away into the night.

"Don't get caught up in the dream." I whispered to myself as I drew my jacket closer around me. I managed to dodge past the new customers that was coming into the bar. The time was late so most of them come for the music and dancing than the food.