"What is all the noise about?" Lexi stumbled out of her bedroom wearing next to nothing as usual. "I just got back to sleep."

"At four o'clock in the afternoon?" I said shocked quickly turning my face towards her.

"So." She gave me a dumb expression look as I heard a pop then the shatter of glassware.

"Sorry." Nova said with a grimace. She carefully stepped over the glass to pour three glasses of champagne. She gave us a flute each.

"Don't drink it yet!" Nova hissed to Lexi.

Lexi lowered the glass from her lips giving Lexi a dark stare. "Don't tell me what to do."

"Shh..." I put a finger to my lips, telling them off like they were some sort of child. "My part is about to come up."

I took a step back from the television to take in the whole view of the screen.

I saw a cop approach a homeless woman sleeping behind a trash bin, he was tapping her on the shoulder. She looked up to greet him.

"That's me!" I screamed and pointed at the television.

The woman turned to tell the policeman that she saw a man kidnapping a woman the other day. He took her statement then told her snow is on the way and she better go to a shelter for her safety. The show then cut to another scene.

"That was it?" Lexi said dryly. "You woke me up for a two minute part?" She laughed as she drank her drink the slithered away to her room.

"Bitch!" I said at her departing back.

"Don't listen to her." Nova reassured. "You had a couple of lines on a prime time tv program. That sort of shit you can add on to your resume."

My eyes glittered as I realised she was right. That's one of the reasons I haven't been hired yet as I didn't have any experience. I high fived Nova for the pep talk then took a sip of my drink.

"Hmmm..." I felt the bubbles explode on my tongue. "That is some good stuff right there."

"Should be." Nova leaned in to whisper a secret to me. "I stole it from work!"

"Nova!" I gasped then gave her a conspirator wink. "Do you think you could get any more?"

She shakes her head at me giving me a little smile. "I am not going to get fired for you."

Nova worked at one of the classier restaurants in L.A that deals with up market cuisines for a lot of celebrities. Nova was working as an intern for one of the top chefs in America. After a year of working dead end jobs she managed to get a job at Boulevard. Where the rich and famous come to dine.

Anyone who is anyone dines at that place. For a nobody like me the waiting list is nearly six months long.

"Don't you have work today?" Nova asked as she made her way to the kitchen to clean away the broken glass.

I looked up at the clock on the wall. "Damn!" I cursed to the sound of Nova's laughter. I rushed to my room which was the last door down the hall. It was the smallest room in the flat however to me it was practically huge. Growing up in a three bed semi detached house with my sister and mother. Space was tight. To me this was a dream. When we first got her Lexi already allocated her self to the master bedroom with the en suite. We let her have it after all this is her fathers place.

Me and Nova bedroom were next to each other so as a consequence we had to share the connecting bathroom. Being close friends as we were we wasn't bothered by this. It just made us the tiny bit closer.