22| Need For A Boyfriend Between Us

22. Need For A Boyfriend Between Us

"In a spur of the moment, I made a mistake which unintentionally hurt someone more than it did to me."

•°•°•

Sunday was quiet and quick to pass. My mom had to go to work on that day too and I felt bad for her as it had been nearly three weeks since she last got a holiday. I had spent the Sunday reading books and watching movies.

I had not talked to anyone all day. Not Brian, not even Claire and most definitely not with Darren. I was not sure how to act when I saw Darren tomorrow. Would he remember what he had said to me in his drunk state? I was sure he was telling the truth. People always tell the truth when they were drunk.

What would I do tomorrow?

Monday morning came too soon and before I knew it, I was walking down the corridor towards my first class. Thank God I didn't share this class with any of my friends. They would have known that something was up with me and I wasn't ready to face their questions and looks. Especially Darren's.

He probably doesn't even remember that he came to my house that day. But if he does, then other than him, only Brian knew about that night, unless Darren went and opened his mouth in front of others.

Soon enough, lunch rolled around and I walked to the cafeteria dreadfully, hoping that everything would go normally as it usually did.

I saw the whole group huddled close to each other. Some were eating, some were chatting, some were...flirting.

Yes. Brian and Gemma were positively flirting with each other. I wondered what they did Saturday night before I successfully ruined it.

I pulled out a nearby chair and sat in the only available space between Sam and Brian. Darren sat opposite me and I completely ignored him and hoped he wouldn't notice that.

Sensing my presence, Brian turned from his conversation with Gemma and slid closer to me, his cologne filling my nostrils.

"Hey," He greeted.

"Hey," I replied curtly.

"He remembers," He said and my fingers froze around my spoon.

"What?!" I said, turning to him.

"He remembers what he did."

"Oh no. How is that possible? He can't!" I panicked.

Brian shrugged, "He just does. I think he'll try to talk to you after lunch."

My head hung low but I quickly recovered, not wanting to draw any attention from my friends, especially from Darren. I quickly gobbled up my lunch and without waiting for anybody, left the table as soon as possible.

Now I was sitting in my English class, doodling over the back of my book. The chair beside me shifted and I turned to saw Gemma sliding in the seat beside me, grinning at me as if she was going to burst any second.

"Hey," I said dryly.

"Hey! I've got so much to tell you! So many things have happened since Friday! I-I just need to share it with someone." She said, almost glowing from her glee.

"I'm all ears," I said as perkily as I could manage. I was really uninterested in whatever gossip she was going to dish out.

"Oh thanks!"