I'd been driving non stop for what seemed like hours. The sun had gone down a couple hours ago and as tired as I was I didn't want to stop for anything, until I was officially out of Kansas. More than anything I just wanted to put some distance between me and my old life. Things seemed much simpler back then when I lived a life of ignorant bliss. I was so unaware of all the deep, dark evil in the world, but the night that Mary and Ella died my eyes were opened. Ever since that night I learned evil is everywhere and I'll do anything to protect my kids from it. Even if that means being hated by them for acting like their Drill Sargent instead of an attentive father that's always by their side. I sighed in frustration as I approached the leaving Kansas sign. I had been driving all night and saw the sun slowly rising in the sky. When I glanced over at Mary's picture on the dashboard my eyes welled up with tears. I gripped on tight to the steering wheel as memories of the night she died replayed in my head.

Suddenly I was snapped out of my painful memories by the sound of my phone ringing in my front jacket pocket. I pulled it out and saw that it was Missouri's number, so I answered it. She told me about how the poltergeist managed to come back into my old house and that Mary's spirit helped to take it down in order to save Dean, Sam and Ella. When Missouri was done filling me in on everything, I hung up my phone and did an illegal u-turn. Then I drove back to Lawrence speeding the entire way there.

When I arrived at Missouri's house I parked across the street and walked up the stairs. I knocked a couple times on the front door, but Missouri didn't answer, so I carefully made sure that no one was looking as I went to the right side of the front porch. I opened up a secret key lock box that was hidden behind a plant. I punched in the code and got the key. Then I went to the front door and opened it up. I walked inside and shut the door behind me. I entered the kitchen and put the key down on the counter by a pot of hot coffee. Right next to it was a note that was addressed to me from Missouri.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

The note Missouri left for John said:

John,

I'll be right back, I went to go check in on your kids. I know you're going to be stubborn as a mule and continue to remain hidden from your children, so you might as well have some coffee while you wait for me to return.

I'll tell you everything I find out when I get back,

Missouri

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

I set the note down on the counter and managed to down two cups of coffee. I walked into the living room and looked out the window while wondering if my kids were all right. I sighed in frustration while taking a seat on the couch. I tapped my foot impatiently on the floor as the silence started to slowly drive me insane.

All of a sudden the front door opened and Missouri walked into the living room. She placed her purse on the dining room table while saying,"That boy he has such powerful abilities..."

"Why he couldn't sense his own father, I have no idea..."Missouri said while shaking her head.

"But your daughter..."She started to say while glancing over at me.

"Ella, what about her? Is she okay?"I quickly blurted out anxiously.

"She's okay, but she knows you're here, unlike Sam she was able to sense you with her abilities..."She stated while staring at me with her eyebrow raised.

"She did?"I asked with my brow furrowed.

"Yes..."Missouri replied with a nod.

I quickly glanced over at her as I nervously wondered if Ella told Dean and Sam that I was here.