Chapter 1 - Moving is a Pain

Another day, another move. Me, my brother Eric, and my dad have been moving our whole lives; at least once a year since I was six. Before we started moving, I had lived in Cartsville, Connecticut and today we were moving back. Lord knows why, but at least my dad promised it would be the last time we moved, m uttering something along the lines of “. . . can't hide forever . . .” under his breath, whatever that was supposed to mean.

The place that we were now living at, well at least for another tem minutes had been out longest time living in one area. Yeah, apparently St. Paul, Minnesota wasn't good enough anymore and now we are moving. I guess you could say that I harbored a little of resentment against my dad for making me move away from the only place where I've actually made friends, but I'd say it's well deserved resentment. We had lived in St. Paul for a year and a half and I had made two amazing friends who I loved to death, Hailey and Caleb. Hailey was a super outgoing girl with a punk style and Caleb was more emo looking, but not like that in personality at all. He is an art geek and really sweet and smart. I used to have a crush on the black haired, blue-eyes cutie, but I learned that we were better as friends. Before you ask, Caleb is not gay; he just prefers to hang around Hailey and me more.

Although I am moving, I did tie myself to a tree in my backyard last night in protest, but when I woke up the next morning I was on top of my bed with packed boxes all around me and a note beside me that said "nice try!" Either way, Hailey, Caleb, and I have plans to send them out to see me sometime in Christmas and spring-break.

Oh, by the way, my name is Sophie Reys. I am seventeen years old and am 5'7". I have long, naturally curly dark brown cinnamon colored hair and blue eyes. I am slightly tanned all year ro - "SOPHIE, stop daydreaming and get to work. Those boxes aren't going to pack themselves!" a voice yelled, breaking me from my daydream. I almost had half a mind to say 'Yeah, maybe because they don't want to leave either!", but I restrained myself.

“Yeah, okay dad," I yelled back and started picking up boxes to load into our moving truck.

My brother Eric, had already moved up to the new house because of space in the moving truck, but really he was only like fifteen minutes ahead of us. My brother Eric is nineteen years old and has black hair and green eyes. He's 6'1" and muscled. And yes, he does have biceps, and yes, he does have abs. A lot of the girls like him and he pretty much knows he’s attractive. Whatever, to me he's just a big oaf who cried when he was four cause he lost his toy train. Hahaha.

I finished loading my boxes filled with my room and headed towards my car. This was it, we were moving. And there was no turning back.

I threw in my iPod and rested my converse shoes on the car's dashboard. I wondered if I would recognize anyone once I got there. I didn't really remember all that much from living there except for one boy . . . Chase Payne. Chase was the type of boy who would pull my pigtails and throw mud at me, not to mention, he would never forget to add how ugly I was and how I would never amount to anything. Needless to say, he ruined my young childhood and is probably now an arrogant asshole. Other than him, I don't really remember anyone else except for my trouble buddy, Skylar. We were best friends until I moved, but we hadn’t stayed in touch, so who knows now.

I was debating whether or not I was going to change at all or just be who I was.

I mean, each move gave me a chance to be someone different. Only this last time, I found me. My style was me, I was me, and I didn't really care what anyone else thought about that. Finding yourself is an empowering thing. I wanted to be somebody, but only to the people who I cared about and who cared about me.

No, I wasn't going to change; I was going to be me, Just Sophie. The sarcastic, funny, never-shuts-her-mouth me.

At some point I fell asleep and was running from an evil banana who was trying to rid the world of apples, but thank goodness professor grape was there to help Mr. Apple create a serum that would destroy the master banana forever.

"NOOOOOOOO!!!! I will not be defeated," yelled master banana.

'well too bad, cause you we -"

"SOPHIE!!!!” my dad yelled, waking me from my sleep in fruit world.

"Yeah?" I asked yawning and wondering why my dad would wake me up for no reason. Surely this had to be a crime?!

"Ummmm, we're here." he laughed, and I whipped my head around to my window.

There I saw a beautiful house with my brother's car parked in front of it. It was a whitish yellow color and looked to be on the older side. it was small, but pretty none the less. I could see that it wasn't TOO small, but just enough to make it cozy.

it took me a minute to realize that I wasn't the only one in the car. I turned to see my dad looking at me expectantly before dropping his gaze and saying, "Well, go and find a room before Eric does!!"

I grinned and hopped out of the car, running through the doorway. No doubt that Eric had probably already been in the house already and had taken the biggest bedroom other than the master.

A sharp smell crept up my nose and I soon realized that the place was freshly painted. The whole house seemed to have dark, hard wood floors and a pretty nice open layout. I ran up the windy staircase, running my right hand up the banister as the steps creaked beneath me.

There were a total of five doors around me, so i took the one to my left first and opened it. It was a huge room with another door on the farther end which led me to believe it was the master bedroom. Just to prove my point, I felt a warm hand on my shoulder as my father sarcastically said, "You wish!! Try the opposite end of the house honey. the other rooms are the hallways closet, the bathroom, and Eric’s room."

I nodded, biting on the inside of my mouth and made my way to the opposite end of the hallway.

As I passed Eric's room, I felt a draft and peeked inside to see his window was completely open. 'Must have gone out for a run the survey the place.’ I thought to myself and continued towards my door.

I opened it to find a perfect size room with my king sized bed in the middle of it. There were a few windows in the room; one above my bed, and three in a corner seat like fashion. They were big and wide and I couldn't help but smile in happiness. Maybe this move wouldn't be so bad after all.

“One things for sure though, Eric is not going to have all the fun surveying this place,” I thought as I made my way to one of the windows, slid it open, and jumped, shifting into my wolf as I did so.

OH - did I forget to mention, oh, that’s right, yeah, I'm a werewolf.

Okay my Wattpadders,

That’s it for now. I should be able to update in 1 ½ to 2 weeks, but a little VOTING, COMMENTING, FANNING, and TELLING YOUR FRIENDS may help just a tad to speed things up. Haha. Well I g2g to do a Honors History report. Yuck!! Tootles. Love you all like pie.

Love,

MEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!