Sliverfinger

Later I went to school. I was putting my things in my locker when Stiles was telling me about the key. We walked in the chemistry room.

"So then she starts talking about phosphors and the key having chemicals on it, right? And so that made me think of the chemistry closet and the fact that someone had to let Barrow in.." Stiles stops in his words. He looks at the board. "It's gone. Okay, it doesn't matter though. It doesn't matter. I've still got the key." He waved the keys at my face as he went to the door. "What the hell? I had it I had it here. I had it here this morning, I swear to God, I had it this morning." He was looking for the key for the door.

"The key you were talking about last night?" I walked to him.

"Yeah, I showed it to you, right? Didn't I show it to you?" He walked up to me.

"No, you just told me about it. I never actually saw it." I shook my head.

"I was here a couple of hours ago." Stiles went back to the board, "And the message left to Barrow spelling Kira's name was right there on the board in my handwriting and I had the key to the chemistry closet."

"So you unlocked the chemistry closet so Barrow could hide in it from the cops and then you wrote him a message to kill Kira?" I connected the things that Stiles had told me in my own words.

"I know how it sounds But look at this." He pulls out a piece of paper out of his pocket. "This is the news report that came out about Barrow when they caught him, okay? About the shrapnel bomb that he used. See this? See what he did? He put nuts, bolts and screws. And then he hid the bomb and the detonator in a box that he wrapped as a birthday present. What does that sound like to you?" I started to think.

"Coach."

"The joke we planned on Coach. That was my idea. You remember? That was my idea. That's no coincidence. It can't be."

"I don't want to sound like I'm trying to tell you that you're wrong. But I don't think you're trying to kill people either."

"It was here. It was all here." Stiles heartbeat was fast.

"Stiles, are you feeling okay? You're look really tired." I touched his arm.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just haven't been sleeping really"

"Why don't you go home? Take a sick day or something." I looked at him. He nodded and he left. After the school day was over, I went home. I went to my front door to see Derek. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I was checking on you. You know, since last night." We both got in my house and walked to my room.

"I can take care of myself. You know that." I sat down on my bed and Derek joined. "I'm scared."

"You shouldn't be." I gave him a worried look.

"This whole, mask people thing. Stiles is out of it and I'm scared that I might go be like Peter." I sighed. He grabbed my hand and made me look at him.

"It's okay. Everything is gonna be okay." I nodded at him.

"My mom's back." I heard the car pull up. "Stay here, please." I walked out of my room and into Scotts. "Moms here." Kira and him followed me downstairs to the kitchen.

"What are you doing here?" Scott spat at dad.

"And why do you still have a key?" I pointed out.

"Funny you mention keys. Because while I have a key to this house, I'm not exactly sure how you got a key to my office." He opened his laptop and piped up and picture of Kira and Scott. I looked at them both. "This kind of thing usually begins with something along the lines of, "It's not what you think." Or, "I can explain.""