Savvy's POV ... My Identity

TRRD says hi!

Savvy’s P.O.V

After a day or two, the doctor decided that it might be for the better if I go home and get back in my daily routine in hopes that it would jog my memory. I tried--no, begged--the doctor to let me stay, because I really didn’t want to go off with these strange people. I actually felt safer with the doctor than I did with these people. Yet, he insisted that this would help my memory return.

I felt so awkward on the car ride home with me in the back seat, the one who claimed to be my mother was driving and my grandmother (at least that’s who she told me she was) in the passenger seat.

My mom swerved around a corner, and then she blew her dark brown hair out of her eyes.

“Sandra, will you please slow down? You’re going way over the speed limit.” My so-called grandmother said with her green eyes filled with fright, as she looked at her daughter. My grandmother’s short silver hair bobbed with the car’s movements. I sat in the back, silently, not feeling completely safe with these people, for I had no idea who they were.

“Mother, I know how to drive.” Stated my mom. I started to get a headache as they began to argue back and forth. Their voices were raised so loud I was about to bang my head on the car window.

“So let me get this straight, you live – we -- all live under the same roof?” I asked, as I interrupted them in the climax of their argument. They both went silent … too silent.

“Ummm … yeah.” My mom said. “I … I … I lost my job a few years ago and … and ever since then we have been living at your grandmother’s house.” Something about her tone made me doubt her words.

“Sandra.” My grandmother said in a stern voice.

“What? I am telling my daughter about her life!” Argued my mom. I sunk back in my seat, hoping that we would reach the house soon … because I had a very bad headache and they seemed to want to rip each other’s necks out.

?>?>?>?>?>?>?>?>?>?

I had torn up my room, reading, and looking at everything. I’d hoped to get back my memory by looking through everything. But nothing had worked. I was about to scream at how frustrating it was not to know who I was.

Plus, it doesn’t help that for the past couple of days my mom and grandmother have been at each other’s throats. They seem to always be fighting about everything. Today was no different. I heard them in the kitchen talking about how the dishes weren’t placed in the dishwasher the right way. However, they stopped arguing when the doorbell rang.

Minutes later there was a knock on my door.

“Savvy?” I looked at my doorway and saw … What is her name? … Mary … No … Marcie … Madelyn …? I couldn’t remember. I noted that her brown hair was let down, and the smile she had didn’t reach her dark green eyes all the way.

“Ummm, yeah?” I said, acting as if I knew her.

“We … meaning, Hope, Kay, and I were wondering if you would like to have a sleepover with us. We thought it might help with your memory. You can ask us questions about yourself and we can answer them. We know you must have a million questions.” Said … the girl. I sighed in relief at how awesome that sounded.

“That really sound like a good idea … I can be ready in a few.” I stated and then stood up. I looked around the room.

“Need help?” The girl asked me as she clearly saw I had no idea where all my stuff was located.