Maddy's P.O.V ... Tension in the Air ...

***This chapter must certainly contains language and scenes not suitable for all ages. Reader discretion is advised***

Maddy's P.O.V 

I put the phone down on the counter and looked into Troy's dark green eyes. He was studying me with a skeptical look.

"There, I've called Hope, she said she can't come to the party tonight. I've called Savvy, she'll be here in ten minutes." I told him. "So now I shall leave." I stated. Troy gave me a cocky grin that I wish would disappear. Maybe if I slapped him, he would stop smiling like that ... it was getting pretty annoying.

"Aw, Maddy wants to get rid of me." He puckered his lips, in attempt to give me a puppy dog face. I started laughing at how horrible his puppy dog look was. "Don't laugh, I've tried to perfect this look for a long time." He said. I giggled some more.

"Keep on practicing. You'll get it one day." I stated, he dropped the expression and rolled his eyes. I didn't know why but I started examining him from head to toe.

"Checking me out?" Troy asked, I quickly looked around the room, trying not to blush. I shook my head, knowing if I spoke, my voice would crack, showing I was lying about not checking him out. Even though I wasn't looking at Troy, I knew he was smirking. "It's okay Maddy, my hotness is something you can't help but notice." He said cockily. I giggled.

"No, it's not your hotness I see, it's that big ego that surrounds you."

"So, even though I've got an ego, you admit I'm hot."

"Are you saying you have an ego?" I asked. My eyes locked onto his smug-looking face. I raised an eyebrow as he took a step towards me ... and then a few more steps, until he was in front of me. I was shocked when I felt him lay his hands on either side of my hips. I'd have jumped a foot in the air if he hadn't pressed his hands firmly unto my hip. I tried squirming out of his grip but he held me tightly. 

"Maddy." Troy said, with his lips inches from my neck. Wait?! When did he bend down to my neck? ... His hot breath tickled my neck, and then I felt coldness as he inhaled. I was mesmerized by the way he was breathing. But his sudden words brought me to reality. "You have almost completed you job ... Call Kay." With that he let go of me and backed away. I stood there, biting my bottom lip. 

Kay, oh how that name was like nails on a chalkboard. I was purposely avoiding calling her and inviting her to the party. There was no way that I wanted to talk to that lying bitch ... Okay, I admit that was a harsh word ... But I was pissed at the fact that she lied to me about having a  relationship with my brother ... And to piss me off even more, the fact that she actually had sex with him! I clenched my fist behind my back so Troy wouldn't see. 

"She has ... gone camping." I lied. I couldn't help but laugh at the thought of Kay going camping. I didn't think she would last a day. No restrooms, sleeping in a tent, and not to mention the things that go bump in the night ... like a  roaring or howling noise, she'd freak if she heard! Because there are some large and huge animals around these parts ... 

Actually, the last part about the large animals and stuff was a lie that we told Kay. Well, when I say we, it was mostly Savvy and I. There's not really any kinds of predators around here like that. But Kay sure does believe it. 

... I know for a fact that Kay had accepted every dare in fear of sleeping in a tent. No way would she ever go camping, but Troy didn't know that. 

"Really? Camping? Where?" Troy asked with one eyebrow rising over a twinkling eye. Did he detect I was lying? Crap...

"Ummm, I not too sure, her dad never tells her where they are going camping. It's a surprise."

Troy half chuckled. "Maddy, you're the worst liar in the universe." I sighed and started fiddling with hem of my shirt as my head was bowed. I knew I was a bad liar, but Hope, Kay and Savvy were the only ones that could really tell when I was lying.