2.01 | Hallucinations

Disclaimer: I (sadly) don't own The 100, which was created by Jason Rothenberg. GOOD JOB, Mister Rothenberg.
- - - -

- 01 -- Hallucinations -

- 01 -
- Hallucinations -

It's been days, years according to Coralie Evans-Kane.

Her and Ace had been alone all the while, the only thing the two could depend on being each other. He was there when she cried herself to sleep, him being the shoulder the tears fell on.

The two were far from the now destroyed camp, living amongst the woods - the only thing harder than steering clear of grounders being finding food and being able to keep moving forward.

Coralie still had half an arrow lodged into her calf, and a gash from a blade trailed from the front of the knee to the middle of the side of the already injured calf. She either limped or was carried on their venture, tiring Ace out as well.

Ace would leave her in a bush, hidden just in case anyone were to pass, as he went to gather either food or water. To muffle her grunts and groans of pain, he'd feed her the nuts they threw out at the camp. She'd hallucinate and keep quiet, the pain drifting away along with her problems.

Not only did it take the torment of the wounds away, but it also tranquilized the agony of the absence of Bellamy Blake. She didn't know if he and Finn had made it out or not, but the fact that she had no way of knowing bothered her extremely.

The two planned to head back to the dropship, but neither of them were familiar with directions back the way they came from. Ace was always out hunting along with the other delinquents and such, but he was unaware of where him and Coralie were and where they were heading. Coralie barely left the walls of the camp, so she wouldn't know even if she did remember which way they had come from - though she wouldn't be able to because she was unconscious half of the time they traveled.

Ace grew worried for his companion. She had lost a lot of blood and wasn't in the right state of mind. She doused off at random moments and would sometimes mumble words that were incoherent. Coralie grew pale and was always tired, her lips chapped and throat dry. She had dirt all over her face and a bruises all over her body. Ace was surprised she was still alive at this point.

"Hey, Cora," Ace greeted slowly as he bent down in front of Coralie, who sat with her back against a tree. Her head was lolled to the side and her eyes were narrowed into slits.

She hummed in response, something Ace told her to do instead of talking and wasting energy to do so.

"I found a lake nearby. I'm gonna take you to it, and we're gonna drink quickly, okay?"

She hummed once again before coughing repeatedly. Ace pushed her hair out of her face, frowning at her sickening state. He quickly placed his arms under the knees and on her lower back, lifting her up and shifting her so she was comfortable. A small cry left her mouth as she felt the pain in her calf strike.