6.03 | Hit or Miss

Disclaimer: I (sadly) don't own The 100. GOOD JOB, Kass Morgan.
- - - -

- 03 -- Hit or Miss -

- 03 -
- Hit or Miss -

The children gradually move towards the newcomers, scoping them out in awe.

"Uh, guys," Octavia murmurs, her eyes on a new wave of much older people marching towards them.

"Remember, we're in their home," Bellamy grunts, now on his feet despite the pain in his leg. "Everyone stay calm."

"Weapons down," Clarke commands.

"Rose! Get away from them!" A voice called. Guards began to rush in, their spear-like weapons aimed while they shifted to stand in front of the children.

"Hey, it's okay!" Clarke shouts with her hands spread in defense. "We're from Earth. We come in peace."

"Kaylee," a woman in extreme makeup gasps. "Where have you been? Where's your family?"

Kaylee's bitter eyes shoot towards the newcomers. "They killed them."

Bellamy's eyes dart to Coralie. All she could do was shrug.

"That's not good," Jordan voices.

All of their attention is brought to Murphy when his body began to shake, rigid gasps leaving his mouth.

"No, not now, not now," Abby repeats. "Easy, easy. He's seizing!"

"Help us, please!" Clarke begs. "Our friend's dying."

"He's not breathing." Abby acts out CPR against his chest.

"Let me pass," a male voice demanded. People cleared a way for him as he marched through, two guards on either sides of him. "Move them back."

Guards use their weapons to push them away from Murphy's body.

"What are you doing? He'll die."

"You want my help or not?" he remarked, brushing his cape behind him before kneeling beside Murphy. He brings their friend's shirt up and observes the black marks. "He's already dead," he announced.

Coralie swore her knees almost buckled.

"Fortunately for him, death is not the end." He turns to one of his people. "Cillian. He was exposed to the seaweed during the red sun. Do it."