⠀ viii | wishful thinking

From "Lazarus Rising" (4x01)

In the middle of a grassy field, a simple wooden cross is planted.

Dean's hand burst out of the dirt, followed by another.

He crawled his way out of the ground, groaning and gasping. He laid on his back, panting. He stood, looking around in the glaring sunlight.

Castiel (VoiceOver): "I dragged you out of Hell. I can throw you back in."

Around his crude headstone was a perfect circle of dead trees, laying on the ground as if an unearthly powerful blast had felled them. He stared in shock, unsure of what had just happened or what was going on.

-

From "Are You There God? It's Me, Dean Winchester" (4x02)

In Dean's dream, Castiel glared, approaching Dean intimidatingly "You should show me some respect."

Castiel vanished, leaving Dean alone in the kitchen.

-

THEN

-

From "Lazarus Rising" (4x01)

At Pamela's house, she was trying to summon Castiel. Suddenly the candles flared up several feet in the air and Pamela began to scream. Her eyes flew open and are filled with a white-hot flame.

-

From "Are You There God? It's Me, Dean Winchester" (4x02)

At Bobby's house, Dean quickly picked up an iron rod and hit at Ghost!Rachel

Castiel (voiceover From "It's The Great Pumpkin, Veronica Winchester", 4x07): "In the coming months, you will have more decisions to make."

-

From "It's The Great Pumpkin, Veronica Winchester" (4x07)

On the park bench, Castiel and Dean exchanged a look

-

From "Lazarus Rising" (4x01)

In the motel, Lily let out a sigh as she told and walked towards them

"Hey Dean, what was it like?" She asked

"What, Hell?" He questioned. Lily nodded and Dean shrugged "I don't know, I, I must have blacked it out." He confessed

-

In the bathroom, Dean flicked on the light and stares at himself in the mirror. He ran a hand over his chin and leaned forward on the sink.

Dean (voiceover): "I don't remember a damn thing."

In Dean's flashback, In hell, Dean stared forwards, his bloody, terrified face, screaming and eerie sounds around him.

-

In the present, Dean pulled back from the mirror, blinking in confusion.

-

From "Monster Movie" (4x05)

In the booth, Lily nodded, looking down before looking back up at him

"Sam, you..." she began, speaking slowly as she tried to give herself enough courage to confess how she was feeling "You'd never... you'd never start using your powers again, would you?" She asked. Sam's eyes widened at her words and he stated in confusion

"What?" Sam asked, clearly in shock "Oh my god, Lily, of course not!" Lily sighed in relief but Sam remained worried

-