“Because when we shift back, we’re going to stark naked, so I’d rather not let you see a whole pack of wolves naked but me. But that’s for another time.” Kaius smirked at me. Oh god, I’m blushing and my face is heating up after Kaius made that remark. Good thing I was already covering my face.

          “Watch your mouth, Collins.” Tate growled at him.

          “I can say what I want to my mate to make her blush, Tate. Right, Pay? Since you chose me?” Kaius’s eyes shot over to Tate who was shivering. Maybe he needs a coat.

          I thought he got whiplash at how fast his head flashed to mine. “What?” His voice broke as his eyes met mine. I couldn’t help but feel guilty at how hurt I had made him. But that’s because I have feelings and he doesn’t.

          “Yeah. Lana told me the full thing about mates and I found out that you and Kaius are my mates, and since Kaius and I are sort of dating already, and, and, and, I, um, mhhm, I picked him…” I was about to say that I loved Kaius before he could tell me that he loved me first. I trailed off as I saw Tate quiver with something that seemed like anger as I saw him hunch forward.

          “Payton, stand back.” Lana instructed. “Tate, calm down. You don’t want to hurt her.”

          It happened so fast, the shift into a wolf from human, I couldn’t believe my eyes. Next thing I knew, I was pinned down on the ground by a huge wolf that used to be Tate as he snapped his muzzle in front of my face, drips of drool falling onto me. His paws here over my shoulders, holding me down, as his hind legs were holding my legs down. The last thing I remember was another person shifting and coming towards me as I drifted off into blackness.

-----

          You know that feeling you get you don’t believe someone and you feel like you’ve just been whacked with a brick in the face, realizing that it was true? Maybe that was a really bad idea. A really bad idea. But no, stupid stubborn me, didn’t actually believe that they really turned into wolves. Maybe I thought that they were just shitting at me first and I played along, but how could I be so totally wrong.

          “You’re a dumbass, Tate. You should’ve controlled your anger.” I heard a female voice say.

          “Shut up. I know. It’s just, ugh.” Tate’s voice sounded defeated. “I said I was sorry.“

          “You could’ve really hurt her. That’s my mate you just attacked.” Kaius’s voice sang through my ears as I heard him.

          “She’s my mate, too.” Tate mumbled.

          “Enough! Tate, she has chosen. Don’t make it more complicated than it already is. Maybe there’s another girl out there for you.” Lana stated.

          “Doubt it.” He mumbled once again.

          “Oh God, my head.” I said, waking up in a room full of people looking down at me. I saw Desiree was the closest to me to my right while Kaius was to my left, and Tate in front of me.

          “Payton?” Kaius said with a hopeful tone in his voice.

          “I believe you guys now.” I said to lighten up the tension that was currently suffocating the room. “Does that mean, since I’m the mate of a werewolf, that I turn into a werewolf too?”

          I heard laughs fill the air as I smiled. “That’s good to hear. And no, you’ll remain human.” Lana smiled down at me. “How you feeling?”