29: Closer than ever

Start from the beginning

" Jhiro, pwede bang ituloy mo na yung kwento mo kay Seven and... about you. " I trailed off.

Nagpalipas muna siya ng ilang segundo bago sumagot. " Sure. " he said. Nakahinga naman ako ng malalim. I was preparing myself to be rejected pero dahil ok lang naman sakaniya, I'll properly listen and absorb everything he would say, kung ngang pwedeng I-record e baka I record ko pa. That's how important this topic was.

" Well, if you're ok with this boring story— I'll tell you. " Simula niya. Agad naman akong naghanda at sinubukang bumangon mula sa pag kakahiga sa lap niya, but he just pushed me down pabalik.

" Just listen like this. "

Guu-- kung sigurong pwedeng mag vibrates ang puso. Nag vibrate na yung akin. Bwiset ba bato 'to ang Hot lang talaga niya.

" After running away from that hellish mansion. Nagpalaboy laboy ako sa states. I've never been on my own in my whole life.. lagi akong may bodyguards, it was suffocating. I've never knew how suffering and hunger feels like. I'm living like that yet I feel horrible deep inside. I want to break free. And I was too spoiled for a fault. I— I'm jealous of others and my twin dahil nagagawa niya lahat ng gusto niya. He never cared about what people says, he never cares about academics or manners, he never answered impolitely towards that geezer. Because of that gap..we become strangers with each other. " He stopped playing with my fringe kaya naman napakunot noo ako. I wasn't frowning dahil galit or what. I'm just —hurting. For him.

And mas lalo lang nadagdagan dahil ngumingiti siya, not the usual evil smile but a sad one.

" As I have told you, I ran away. The old man didn't look for me or tried to pursue me to come home. Hinayaan niya akong magpalaboy laboy sa daan. I don't have friends or close relatives that's why I don't have any place to go. He cuts my credit card and even my own car was pulled. I'm on my own. I have experienced sleeping in the streets, in dark alleys. Every where that looks safe. I was starving too. " My heart was in turmoil and frustration. My lips was twitching dahil naluluha na ako. But I remained silent dahil gusto ko pang marinig ang mga sasabihin niya.

" I hit Jhiyo once—" pag amin niya. This time his face was dark dahil sa bangs niya na nakatakip dito. I was worried he'll breakdown kaya naman hinawakan ko ang mukha niya. He lifted his face and I saw his sad eyes.

" I'm the worse elder brother.. I ran away because of jealousy... I'm the worst. " He said and chuckles. But it came out dry.

I can't stand to just look at him while he was pouring everything..

I want to take his pain pero wala akong magawa. All I can do is to hold him now na agad ko namang ginawa. I hurriedly gets up and hugs him. I held his head near to my chest. Tears was leaking on my eyes. My heart hurts for him. He answered and hugged me too. When I break it I saw him smiling. It's a sad smile still.

" Don't cry silly " Sabi niya at pinulis ang daliri para palisin ang mga luha ko.

" Its my own fault and selfishness. I deserve everything that happened. " Sabi niya pa na lalong nagpakirot ng puso ko. I frowned and tears spilled again from my eyes. Agad naman niya itong pinahid.

" I'll stop if you'll cry about it. " Agad naman akong naalarma at pinunasan ang sarili kong mukha.

" No! I'll listen! Carefully! " I exclaimed. Natawa naman siya at hinila ako patalikod sa kaniya. My back was facing him while he's hugging me from the back.

Oh. He doesn't want me to look at him? He's hiding his face.

Narinig ko siyang bumuntong hininga bago nag patuloy.

" Because of lack of food and I'm starving as hell, I tried everything to survive. Naranasan kong mag pulot sa basura at mag nakaw. I even tried shop lifting but then, I bumped into Seven. It was his turf, his alley na aksidenteng napag taguan ko. He was a cocky bastard. We got into fight, we punched each other hanggang wala na saamin ang maka tayo. He's tough. And before I realized it, we're hanging out together. Dinala niya ako sa tinutuluyan niya. He teaches me everything necessary to survive. He's an illegal settler in the U.S because obviously he's a Korean. "

" Wow, Kaya pala parang foreigner siya kung magkikilos. Touchy. " Sabi ko to humor him. He chuckles.

" Yup, he is. But don't get to close he's a  bit of a player before. " Dagdag niya at niyakap Ako protectively.

" Before? "

" Yes, he likes Seo. "

Nagulat ako kaya humarap ako sa kaniya. But when we made eye contact na Loka ako.

He's...in verge of tears...

" Jeez, " Yun lang ang nasabi niya at itinakip ang palad niya sa mata. " J-Jhiro.." I called him. But he didn't remove his hand from his face kaya hinawakan ko iyon.

" It's ok... It's fine. Ilabas mo lahat. I won't run. I'm here. I'll hear you out. " He finally removed it and holds my hand instead.

" We joined a gang and rode around the city to create troubles, we break stores and goes around mugging people. We didn't do far from that. We're not that mad to try drugs but when the others got caught taking some. That brought us back to our senses. We realize how idiotic it was. Finally for the first time we told each other our full names, our age, dreams, everything. And in the end Seven said.. ' you Goddamn fucker! How can you be in this shitty place if you're a damn richy kid? Go back you Motherfcker! ' he yelled and we started punching each other. " He's laughing at that part. I think it's real this time. Kaya naman hinawakan ko ng mahigpit ang mga kamay niya.

" The next day. I went home and beg to go back to school. "

He beg for it?

" The old man slapped me and locked me up until my wounds healed. After that he signed me up for Harvard. And I was beyond shocked and thrilled when I saw Seven there. The son of a bitch was a fucking genius. He's a surging prodigy yet he chooses to cook in that restaurant to chase after Seo. He's an idiot. " Hindi ko rin napigilan ang tawa ko. I didn't expect na ganoon pala ka lakas ang Tama ni Seven kay Seo. And gosh! Genius? Harvard!?

" We got to know Seo because of Seven stupidity. He just hit on her little sister just to be punched by Seo. That rills him up to approach her. We got close and graduates just like that, and here I am a loser before becomes a King. " Nag angat siya ng ulo at tinitigan ako.

" Yes, and I'm thankful that you're a Goddamn rich " I mimicked his way of speaking that earned a laugh from him.

" Kasi dahil dun nakilala mo ako. I'm glad that you're the one who bought me. " I smiled and hugged him. He hugs back and rested his chin on my head.

" And I've never been this close to someone. I'm also glad that I bought you...Lugi nga lang sa dibdib. "

What da!

I broke the hug and glared at him. He laughs and pinches my cheeks. I playfully punches him kaya naman lalo siyang na tawa.

" I'm really amazed on myself how I managed to tell you that...It's strange that I'm willing to tell you this. You're a frightening woman. " Sabi niya na may halong kaseryosohan sa tono.

" Because I'm willing to listen. " Sabi ko at ngumiti.

" Yeah. thanks wife. "

" And I've never felt as close as ever.." he said while tucking my hair behind my ears. He leaned forward and placed his lips on to mine.

To be continued...