Chapter 9

Madeline's POV…………….

Zariah was teaching me how to shoot a handgun. I was finally getting the hang of it when a loud bang on the door made Zariah and I jump.

“Remember what I taught you, don’t point it at anyone. It’s probably the guys, be careful in case it’s not.”

Zariah warned me from my side.

The door was kicked in without warning. It made a loud bam as it fell to the floor.

Zariah and I gasped, jumping back.

Josh was standing in the doorway with a scary, calm look on his pale face.

“You two have been naughty girls.”

He said stepping into the room, and walking towards us.

Zariah stepped in front of me and held her gun in front of her body. I saw that she was shaking, although she was doing a pretty good job of hiding the fact that she was trembling.

“Stay away, Josh.”

She said in the strongest voice possible in this scenario.

“It’s Master to you!”

Josh yelled, losing his cool and making his face burn red with fury.

“You can’t tell me what to do. I’m escaping this place, and I’m taking all of the girls you have kidnapped with me! You can’t stop me!”

She yelled, causing me to step back and cower away from them, the handgun still in my now sweaty palm.

He stepped closer to her and raised his fist in the air. He brought it down with great force onto her head, causing her to fall to the ground, unconscious.

I gasped and looked down to the gun in my hand. I knew I had to do something, yet when my brain commanded my muscles to move, my body didn’t budge. I was frozen in fear, stopped dead in my tracks.

“Ah, Madeline, Madeline, Madeline, Madeline.”

He whispered walking over Zariah's body, coming my way.

“Stop!”

I called out as he said my name in repetition, over and over again.

“Madeline, Madeline, Madeline, Madeline. You were always my favorite. You will stay and keep me company, won’t you? Oh Madeline such a beautiful name. Madeline to go with your face. Madeline, Madeline.”

I shook my head feeling tears escape my eyes. I didn’t know what to do. I suddenly remembered Zariah's instructions.

The safety should always be on when you first get ahold of the gun. Now to turn safety off, click this little switch to the trigger. If the nob is pointing to the trigger, signaling that safety is on, that means you now can pull back the trigger to shoot. There are bullets in this gun. Now, once safety is off, pull back the hammer, let go, and the bullet gets pushed or transferred to the space where the bullet will escape the gun. That is how you shoot this gun. I am un-cocking the barrel so the bullet goes back into the holder. I am turning safety back on, so it will be safe to hold. See? I turn the nob away from the trigger signaling the safety is back on. Remember, even if the safety is on, and even if this gun wasn’t loaded, you never point it at anyone. Now you try,’

She watched as I did everything she had told me to do, and explained as she watched me successfully (Might I add) get the gun ready.

 ‘With a Rifle, well that’s another story. In this case, we don’t have a rifle, so I might teach you how to shoot that when we get out of this place. I really wish you had a target to practice shooting. I guess you will be my back up if something happens to me.’

The words that made my brain go into overdrive were ‘I guess you will be my back up if something happens to me.’ I was her back up and I wouldn’t let her down. I was going to prove to her, and myself mainly that I could save us and get us out of here alive.

I followed her steps.

The safety is on. I clicked the safety off. I let out a sigh of relief as I continued. The safety nob was pointing to the trigger, telling me that the safety was indeed off. There were already bullets in the gun, so I pulled back the hammer, which I struggled on. The hammer was stiff, which made it hard to pull back. I finally got the hammer back and I heard something inside the gun click. I guessed that meant the trigger was moved to the holder. The gun was now ready to use.

I took deep breaths as I watched Josh run his mouth. I tuned Josh out, so I couldn’t hear a word he was saying. He was walking back over to Zariah's unconscious body.

He lifted one of her eyelids, exposing the white part of her eye. He let it back down and shook his head.

Everything seemed to be going in slow motion. I backed up against the wall and raised the gun. I felt a rush of adrenaline, my heart pounding in my chest. Energy spread throughout my body as I aimed for his heart.

He turned to me, noticing the gun in my hand. He just stood there, smiling. I decided to un-tune him because I wanted to know why he was smiling when I had a gun focused on his chest.

“I don’t believe you have the guts to shoot me. You are an amateur at the least in shooting. Besides, you love me. You won’t shoot someone you love. Zariah didn’t love me, I will have to dispose of her when she awakens. I’ll make sure to do it while she is awake so she can feel pain. I will also do it in front of you and Miles.”

He smirked at me, crossing his arms over his chest.

I gritted my teeth, feeling a nerve snap at the mention of torturing Zariah. What he said about me loving him, killing Zariah, and me being amateur. I knew I was an amateur but I was mad. Beyond mad, I was livid.

I pulled the trigger back, without hesitation. The powerful jolt that came with shooting the gun made my wrist get un-focused. In the midst of the fire, my arm snapped, making the bullet off set. I watched as the tiny bullet flew into his shoulder.

“Ahh!”

He cried out, holding his shoulder.

“Sorry!”

I said in a panicked tone.

I stood there, frozen as he got up. Holding his shoulder, and coming closer to me.

“BIG MISTAKE.”

I watched in horror as I mentally slapped myself.

“Should have capitalized on that.”

I said, more to myself. I was disappointed in myself for not making the most out of that shot.

I looked down at my wrist, the one that snapped. I gasped, examining the bone. It looked as if I had dislocated my wrist bone. I winced, pushing the bone back into place.

Before I had time to shoot again, Josh’s fist connected with the top of my head, knocking me to the floor. It didn’t knock me out, so I took the time to look at Zariah. I smiled in relief as he hadn’t noticed the gun in the back of her sweats. I could see the outline of the cold metal on her waist in the back.

Josh looked down at me, his blood dripping onto my face. I gasped, disgusted at the warm blood that was falling onto my face. Josh staggered, soon after, falling next to me. He was facing me. I scooted back trying to put space in between us.

“You will never escape.”

He whispered, and on cue,  5 guards burst through the doorless frame. I gasped when I noticed that 3 of them were dragging in Miles, Marco, and that guy Jared.

One of the guards who wasn't dragging the guys walked to me, kicking me in the face, causing me to black out.

……………………….

(A.N) Hey guys! I hope you people like this chapter! Sorry I haven’t uploaded quickly like I usually do. The Internet connection in my house is being horrible! It hasn’t let me get onto Wattpad lately. I hope you enjoyed! Please don’t forget to vote and comment! Just do it! Haha whatup Nike reference! (: anywho, thanks for being amazing to me! I wuv u all. (: Morgan….