Happily Ever After

"Mommy I don't want to go to school today!" Emma yells. I shake my head and laugh a little to myself.

"You have to Emma." I reply. She puffs out her cheeks and crosses her arms. 

"Emma honey your not going to see your friends if you don't go to school." Adrien comes behind me and wraps his arm around my shoulder. He hands over Hugo, who gurgles happily in my arms.

Emma thinks hard on this.

"But how come Louis gets to stay home?" Emma points to her older brother, who lays under the weight of three blankets. He coughs and gags something up into a bowl.

"Louise has the flu, he can't go to school." I say.

"Am I going to get the flu and get to stay here in eighth grade?" She asks. Hugo sneezes and pukes all over my shirt.

"Oh, isn't that nice." I say, holding Hugo out. Adrien takes him from me as I clean myself up.

"Yes dear, but until then, you have to go to kindergarten." Adrien says.

Emma huffs and grabs her backpack.

"Ready for school pumpkin?" Adrien asks. Emma nods and runs to the door.

"Give mommy kisses!" He yells. Emma runs back and hugs my knees. I bend down and kiss the top of her head.

"Bye mommy!" She says. Adrien gives me a quick kiss and they go out the door.

Louis groans a bit. I walk over and sit on the edge of the couch, Hugo on my knee.

"Mom can you turn the TV on?" He asks foggily.

"Not if you don't want to be throwing up more than you are now."

"But this is boring." He replies.

"Well, I could tell you a story." I tell him. Hugo gurgles.

"Ugh, fine." Louis says. I smile at him and stroke his forehead.

"In a time before you were born, there was a man and a woman, they were superheroes. The woman was called Ladybug, and the man, Chat Noir."

Louis looks up at me wearily.

"These superheroes were the best team anyone could have. Partners in crime, they fought villains off. But as much as they trusted each other, there was one rule. They must not tell each other their identity." I remember all those times that Adrien flirted with me as Chat.

"Chat Noir was in love with Ladybug, but she was in love with someone else. The thing was, she loved Chat, but as his civilian form. They could never know though."

Louis sits up to blow his nose.

"One day, Ladybug had gotten in trouble in her civilian form. Chat Noir went to her house and made sure she was alright. And after that, every day Chat Noir would come over through her window, and they would watch a movie, or just talk. And eventually, They fell in love with each other." Hugo giggles.

"Many times Chat Noir wanted to show her what his identity was, hopeful that she would love him either way. She always declined, until one day he showed her, but during battle. They started dating in civilian form, but things got complicated. They split apart, and he started dating another. But fate aligned, and now they're married, with three beautiful children."

Louis yawns and turns to the side, his eyelids drooping.

"Goodnight sweetie." I say, kissing his forehead.

"Goodnight mom."