Chapter 3

The muffled sound of the Vicky's laptop tones through the door. I slowly open it and throw my bag on the side table.

"Hey, you're already back?" Vicky turns the volume down. "Tell me how it went."

"It was okay, I guess."

"Okay? What happened?" She wants to know. I try to downplay my sadness, I don't wanna be sad because of him. Who even is he?

"Maybe I'm just better off without him." Is the only thing I say before I hide in the bathroom.

***

The time is over, my mind becomes free again as the voice of the professor tells us to come to an end. Vicky lets out a relieved sigh and hands her sheets to the professor.

"How did it go?"

"I think I did pretty good. There were many questions I was prepared for." I tell her and she agrees. I'm glad to see her free from all the stress that has been piling up throughout the process of studying.

"We have to celebrate this. Lola months of studying nonstop and finally we're free."

"I don't know if I'm really in the mood for celebration." I admit and she groans. "Anyway, I'll tell you later if I will go, right now Denis needs me." I kiss my friend's cheek before I leave to go to Denis' work. He works at a music shop in town and whenever he is by himself he asks me to keep him company.

***

"Denis?" I call as I enter the store.

"Oh hey Lo. How did the finals go?"

"Pretty good actually." I take off my denim jacket and hang it on the hanger in the back room. "Now we're fully focused on moving to Paris."

"I almost forgot you were leaving. Seriously, what am I supposed to do without you?" I laugh. "Before you leave we have to throw a goodbye party." I raise my brows and shake my head. His intentions may be nice, but honestly I'd rather be gone before anyone notices.

"Why do I have friends who always like to party?" Now it's my turn to make him laugh. "You know what? Just come with Vicky and I, we will go to a party later on, we could just celebrate us graduating and at the same time make a goodbye party out of it."

"Cool, can I bring some of my friends?"

"Only if they're hot, so Vicky won't mind." After a while of chatting I help Denis with stacking up a few boxes full of CD's in the back room. They have all sorts of music here, and I'm really tempted to just throw one CD in the player and listen to it.

"You have good music here." I say.

"Define good music."

"Ariana Grande, Lana Del Rey, Beyoncé." I reach out for a box at the very top and struggle to get it. With my five foot six inches I wouldn't consider myself short, but unfortunately also not tall enough to reach those boxes.

"Oh here, let me help you." Denis walks up behind me and leans over me.

"I got this."

"No you don't, you dwarf." I nudge his side, but he blocks it, grabbing me by my wrists.

"Stop!" I laugh, suddenly the door opens and the ringing of bells gets triggered.

Denis and I freeze and look at the man that walks inside. He looks at the both of us and notices me, just as I notice him too.

Adrien Coste. Why does he have to be here, looking more attractive than ever? He is wearing a beige cotton coat over his grey suit. The water drops on his coat indicate that it has been raining which I didn't notice at all from all the chatting. I can hear my pulse beating in my throat.