Chapter 13

Twenty minutes later, I rush into Cameron's hospital ward.  I immediately spot him lying on a hospital bed. My mother is carefully stroking his pale cheeks. I gave up on you too early, Cameron! I walk into his ward where my mother stands up and gives me a hug and a kiss.

Without really thinking about it, I push her away. I lean into Cameron and begin to cry on his chest. I climb into the bed and under the thin hospital sheets, he is dead in. I sleep there right next to him and cry.
    "Don't leave me, Cameron!" I whisper quietly. My mother leaves the ward and I hug Cameron tightly.
    "Don't leave me, Cameron! Alex is here! He loves you!" I whisper quietly. My father and Alex come in. I give Cameron a kiss on the head and I hop out of the bed. I am about to back away when I find a book in his hands.

I open up his hands and grab the book. When I open the cover, I read the handwriting that could only be my brother's. It says the following:

To my wonderful brother. Ali, you are the thing that makes me laugh. You inspire me! You are my everything. I am dead now, but remember to make the best out of your life! Move on from me! When you need me, give me a call and I will be here for you! I remember when I used to hate you and I treated you like shit! I was jealous! Over the years I learned from you! That means you can be a very good leader and you are my leader who showed me what life is. Do what you love and do it for the rest of you life then eventually the world will change! From your Brother Cameron xxx .....

I cry as I read every single word, my heart stops beating fast and I look at the book and hold it. I turn the pages and find photos of hands. What does this mean? Hands with glitter, black hands, white hands. I turn every page until I get to the last page.

Ali, these hands mean Peace, Power, Unity, and last of all–Love! One day, you will help make the world full of those four words! You will inspire every single child, big or small, for years to come because you are a realist. You are powerful! You are an amazing kid! Remember Ali, everyone loves an underdog!

I read the last word and I become all teary and depressed. I hug the book close to my chest and I cry hard. I look at Cameron one last time before I walk out of the ward.

When I look at the back of the book, I see a photo of me and Cameron as young children. I look at Cameron's teeth braces and my brown eyes in the photo.

We were unique and will be forever until the day I join him in heaven. My father and Alex walk out the hospital ward and my mother catches up with us. My mother and father hold my hands as we walk back into the car together.

"End of chapter 13, stay tuned until next time".

The Young Guy Who Stood Up Against The World [EDITING]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें