Volume 2, Chapter 4: Love and War

Start from the beginning

Pyrrha spoke up first. "I understand why you're upset," she said sadly.

I didn't look at her but spoke in a harsh tone. "And why do you think that is?"

"I hurt your teammate. I hurt your friend," she admitted. "But you have to understand! That was never my intention! I just didn't want to give him less than he deserves because I have feelings for someone else!" Her voice was becoming desperate as she tried to explain herself to me.

My anger got the better of me as I turned and shouted at her. "WELL, SO DOES JAUNE!!!!"

Her face widened in shock at my words. Of course, I knew! EVERYONE knew! Except for Jaune himself. 'God, that boy is clueless!'

The shock on her face faded, but I continued before she could speak. "You are literally almost as clueless as he is! He likes WEISS and ONLY Weiss! I don't see what you don't get about that!"

"You don't understand!" she tried to argue.

I cut her off. "No, YOU don't understand! I know EXACTLY what it feels like to be ignored by the person you care about most!" Tears began to swell up in my eyes as I continued to shout. "I know because the man I love loves YOU!!"

She covered her gasping mouth with her hands, her emerald green eyes filled with pity.

I finally approached her. My anger gave way to my grief as I spoke much more softly. "Here's the difference between you and me. You continue your hopeless pursuit of Jaune and chose to turn your back on a man who truly cares about you." Her eyes lowered in shame at my words.

I saw tears start to flow down her cheeks. "I'm so sorry, Skyler," she said.

"I don't want your apologies. I want you to listen!" I said coldly. "The difference is that I chose to give up on DJ because I love him enough to want him to be happy. I let you take him from me because I could see how he felt about you."

I looked down at my feet. "I'll admit. I admire you for your determination. That's something I've never been able to do - to pursue something that I thought was out of my reach." I paused and looked at her. She met my gaze with tear-filled eyes. "But frankly, I grieve for your stupidity. He loves you, and you love him so why let a meaningless crush tear you apart?"

She suddenly broke down and threw her arms around my neck. I couldn't stop my own emotions as I hugged her back. We stayed like that as we cried together for a long time. Two girls, unified by one thing – heartache.

When we both finally ran out of tears, we separated. "Are you sure about this?" Pyrrha asked. 

I knew what she meant, and I didn't care. As long as DJ was happy, I didn't need to think about it. "Yes. I'm sure."

--------------------------------------------------------

(F/n)'s POV

I woke up just as Skyler came through the door followed by... Pyrrha?

I watched silently as Sky walked to DJ's bedside and tried to wake him. He stirred as she shook his shoulder. "Hmm? Sky? What's up?" he said groggily.

Sky had a smile on her face. "Someone wants to see you," she said. Pyrrha stepped forward as DJ sat up in surprise. 

"Pyrrha?!"

"Hello DJ," she said shyly. "Is that offer of yours still on the table?"

A bright grin appeared on DJ's face. "Are you kidding?! Of course it is!" He leaped out of the bed and embraced the redhead. They quickly left the room to be alone.