Volume 2, Chapter 2: A Nightmare of an Evening

Start from the beginning

Pyrrha took note of Jamie's stressed countenance and placed her hand on DJ's shoulder. "I'm sure Jameson has his reasons. Just let him be."

With that, the subject dropped for the most part. DJ spoke up on the final issue. "Guess we have to go to the fairgrounds tonight."

"Not me!" I said enthusiastically. "I have plans to go out with Yang tonight!" I couldn't help but smile as I thought about it. It had been some time since my last real date with my girlfriend. I just had to confirm the plans with her.

----------------------------------------------------------

I woke up with the bell signaling the end of Professor Port's class. He looked disappointed that his "fascinating" story was cut short. My eyes found Yang as she was rubbing Jaune's head in an effort to comfort him. 

'Poor guy. Weiss must have shut him down again.'

I jumped from my seat to talk to my lady. "Yang!" I shouted to get her attention. 

She turned and smiled brightly as I approached. "Hey, Babe! What's up?"

"Do you want to go out for dinner tonight? I made reservations at Monty's."

Her face was suddenly disappointed. "Oh, (f/n)... I'm sorry. I would love to, but I already have plans with my team tonight."

That was unexpected. "Oh... ok... Well, I hope you girls have fun."

She noticed my apparent sadness. "I'm really sorry. I'll make it up to you, I promise," she said. She placed a quick kiss on my lips to reassure me. A faint smile appeared on my face. I could never stay upset with this woman.

"Why don't you do something fun with your team?" she recommended. 

I nodded my head in agreement. "Sure. They were planning on hitting the fairgrounds in town tonight. I guess I'll just go with them."

She smiled bright, only lifting my spirits further. "Good!" she said gleefully. "Have fun, and I'll see you later. Ok?"

I nodded, satisfied. We shared one last tender kiss, then she was gone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The vendors and fairgrounds were ok. I, of course, would much rather have been on a date, but I'll admit it had been a while since we had done something fun just as a team. It was nice.

Bright lights and decorations were hung all over the green area dedicated to the festivities. DJ was lively and energetic, as always. Skyler was enjoying herself with carnival games and looking at the arts and crafts on display from all over Remnant. Even Jameson seemed to be having a good time. I was just content to be with my friends.