Advice?

Ok before I start I just want to thank EVERYONE for 7k reads!!!! THIS IS AMAZING. I never thought that this book would get so far and so many supporters. Thank you all so much it means the world!!

Okay so, on with this little note. I need help, like relationship advice help.

Lemme run you through the story. My best friend, let's call him Mushroom (my nickname for him), and I became real close towards the middle of last year (academic year). People always joked that we liked each other and stuff and we would FaceTime all the time. I began to like him.... a lot.

A couple months ago, this academic year, I told Mushroom I liked him and he was so chill about it and stuff.

I told him I just wanted to be best friends cos I didn't want to ruin our friendship, it was so important to me.

He now likes someone else but isn't 100% about her at the moment and she may or may not like him, she said she's in between. But now he is asking me for advice and of course I am helping but it kills me every time.

Today I got hope that he didn't like her anymore and there was a chance for us but then, like always, it got crushed.

What should I do? Should I tell him how I feel again? I don't want to mess with his feelings and I don't want to influence his decisions, it's not right. But at the same time I wish he would be happy with me. Please tell me what I should do!

If you need to ask a few questions because this may not be very clear, feel free to ask away, however I will jot reveal personal information.

Thanks so much lovelies xx