He's Back, He's Out

It was Friday night and there was a knock at my door. Who could that be? No one ever knocks on our door Friday night. I opened and found a bouquet carrying Bradley. It's been 3 weeks since we broke things off, this is his 6th attempt to woo me, although it has been a week since I got my heart trampled on by my best friend. This is the first time in 3 weeks I've properly smiled and felt overwhelmed by the love someone has shown me.

"Viv. I just want to talk. I've not come to try and convince you of anything, I just want to talk" he repeated. Usually I'd shut the door and carry on with my night, but considering I'm feeling terrible about myself. I let him in.

"Why do you have roses if you just want to talk?" I asked. He didn't answer so I laughed and told him we could talk in my bedroom. He caught me just as I exited the shower so I had to be careful with my robe and not flash him, my nips were sticking out of the fabric pretty overtly.

Bradley noticed and was trying his hardest not to look, he put the flowers on my dresser and began talking, "the way we left things sort of seemed unfinished. I know we broke up but I feel like 'its not working' isn't the real explanation" he told me. He's right. He's so sweet, he deserves the truth.

I sat on the edge of my bed, so did he, "You're right," I started, "it wasn't a good enough reason and I should tell you that I really do regret breaking things off" I took his hands in mine.

"What was the reason? Was there someone else?" He asked. No not really. I shook my head.

"I felt like we didn't have a connection. I wanted a serious relationship but I think you were looking for something more casual. I don't do casual, someone always gets jealous and hurt"

"What? I don't want casual, what made you think that? I thought you wanted it casual? You're so cool all the time and I just wanted to look cool" he kept calm.

"You didn't pay a lot of attention to me, we saw each other once or twice a week because you were always busy 'doing stuff', but it was never work or being with friends. You'd never actually talk with me, I can't see myself with someone I can't talk to. Even if it is pointless conversation, this is the most you've said in a while" I confessed. It was good to get this out.  I felt liberated.

"Viv, I miss you. Will it be okay if-do you mind-" he looked up and huffed, "Viv. Now that we've actually talked, do you think you'll give me another chance?"

"It's not that simple, people don't just change in an instant" I defended. Bradley put a hand on my knee.

"You know I'm not a dick or a player now, I know that you're still the coolest person I know, just more faithful than I thought you were the first time"

"You're a terrible debater" I giggled, his hand reached higher. I licked my lips, "I miss you too" I confessed. I miss being touched and cared for.

"So.." he grinned, I shook my head and tried hiding the smile emerging on my face. He gently took my faced an directed towards him. "I want to be with you" I loved hearing those words, perhaps I just needed to hear them, maybe Jonny didn't have to say them. Bradley took the back of my neck and pashed me. He had already successfully untied the knot in my robe and was on top of me.
If there was one thing I was definitely sure about Bradley; he was amazing in bed.

*

I hadn't seen the Goodman's for a good 3 months but in that 3 months I've gotten back together with Bradley, met his family, met his friends, met his dog. Everything is really great.

"Hey love, just popping by Jackies. Want to visit the boys?" Mum asked. I declined as always, I didn't really miss them all that much but I mainly still wanted to avoid Jonny after humiliating myself in front of him.
"Are you sure? You haven't seen them in ages"

"I'm sure" I replied calmly.

"Alright sweet, see you later"

"You haven't seen them ever since we got back together. Is there a reason?" Bradley asked, he was massaging my shoulders while we watched TV.
I attempted to shrug.

"I don't know, I can't be bothered changing my clothes. It's almost 8 o'clock" I looked at the clock on the wall.

"Okay now tell me what really happened" he stopped and made me look at him. I took a breath and sat on the couch with him.

"I seriously don't know. I had a falling out with Jonny last time I was there and I just can't go back. He really-" I struggled to find my words, did he cross a line? No. Embarrassed me? Yes. Broke my heart? Definitely. I was crying nonstop that entire week.

"He really what?" Bradley asked, "did he stink bomb you?" I laughed. I wish.

"No, no. He-he really did something which just makes me rethink about the kind of person he is. I grew up with him, we've known each other longer than we've known how to talk and yet lately I feel like he just isn't Jonny"

"What did he do?" Bradley asked, concerned. I tilted my head, I didn't want him finding out about my relations with Pissface. I spent months maybe even years deciding whether or not I could be in a relationship with Jonny and after months of him confessing that he loved and liked me, even on that night where I thought he still wanted me, he goes and rejects me. To be quite honest it was a massive build up, how could he not want to be with me when he just confessed that he still had feelings for me? How could he sleep with me and do all that?

"He lied to me, for months. I can't forgive him yet" I told Bradley. He nodded and gave me a hug.

"It's alright. I'll have no problem keeping you to myself" he kissed my cheek, "but I have noticed a change in your mood lately. You miss the Goodman's, it would be unfortunate for them to become strangers just because Jonny's being a dick" I sort of looked down in shame, he was right.

"Oh okay. You don't always have to be right you know?" I teased and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Um, yes I do" we kissed.

"I'll go next week" I said to him, he shook his head.

"No, you're going tonight," before I could question him he jiggled mums keys and grinned. There was a knock at the door, "go get changed" he pecked my cheek and hopped up. I knew I never should have slept with Jonny, sex always ruins friendships.

*

"Hi Aunty Jack, alright Martin?" I greeted them. Aunty Jack gave me a big tight hug and kisses on my forehead.

"Viv! I've missed you so much!" She gasped, "and Bradley, so good to see you again" she kissed him on the cheek too. Martin looked up from his calculator.

"Oh hello Vivian. I see you have a male companion. Martin Goodman" I held in my laugh, why is he being formal? He's not even wearing a shirt.

"Bradley," replied my boo,"we've actually met before" he brought up and chuckled nervously.

"It's so good to see you love, I love your hair" Aunty Jack was being extra nice to me. mum must have told her all about Jonny and I.

"Thank you. Is there any crumble left?" I jokingly asked.

"We were waiting for you" Adam came into the foyer, we all soon migrated to the kitchen.

"Hello Pusface" we hugged, "where's the other one?" I asked where Jonny was.

"Toilet. He's been shitting non-stop for a week"

"Lovely" I commented. Jonny entered the kitchen.

"Hey Viv. Oh hi Bradley" Jonny went for a hug from me but I shook my head and stepped away, "what?"

"Adam told me about your bowel movements, not impressed" I B-lined for the oven.
Things seemed fine, I don't want to lose Jonny as a friend and I understand that he doesn't want me either. I should just accept that I'm going to be disappointed at times. I have Bradley again and I feel like I did make a mistake by breaking things off. Bradley cares for me and he shows it and expresses it daily, I belong with Bradley right now.