Spawn of the Devil

"Oh geez," I sighed as I lay my eyes on an almost naked Martin in the hallway. He was just standing there on a ladder in his pants and boots changing the lightbulb.

"What? Oh geez," Jonny reacted as I had while putting his coat on the hook. Martin stretched up to twist the bulb in, one knee high up the other straight below and one crotch in our faces. "Oh God! Dad! Could you put some bloody trousers on?!"

"I'm not entering the house first anymore," I muttered, Johnny guided me to the kitchen to see Aunty Jack and probably tell on his dad.

"Mum could you please tell your naturist husband to put something on. We almost had a run in with his balls," I sensed something different about tonight, Aunty Jack wasn't replying as fast. She glared at Jonny and flicked her wrist, telling us to turn around. Oh god no.

"Balls?" the little redhead asked, "like bouncy balls? Can I play with them?" she stopped colouring and stood up. Jonny and I freezed, the last time Katie and I were in a room she managed to actually physically harm me and cause emotional damage aswell. I was her part-time babysitter. I didn't know how to respond, Jonny and I glared at each other for advice but were unlucky,  Aunty Jack to the rescue.

"No no love, Mr. Goodman doesn't have any-"

"Testicles," Jonny muttered. Aunty Jack finished her sentence.

"-balls," Aunty Jack turned her head to us, we seemed to be hiding from this 4 foot 7 inch possessed child behind the kitchen counter, "Katie here is staying with us for a few hours tonight while her Mummy and Daddy have a nice night out,"

"No babysitter?" asked Jonny.

"No, apparently their babysitter is out having dinner," Aunty Jack waved him off, "do you want me to go check Adam's room for any old toys of his?"

"I don't play with toys anymore, I'm almost 13. Can I braid your hair again please Vivian?" she approached me, that's when I realised I was clinging to Jonny but I shook him off and stood tall.

"I'll leave you three be while I force your father into some trousers," Aunty Jack closed the kitchen door.

"Hello Katherine," I spoke formally and we shook hands, "how do you do?"

"Fine thank you, how are you?"

"I'm doing well. How are your studies going?" I stepped back but she just took one forward. Oh god, she's going to kill me.

"Okay, I guess. I'm in my second year of Secondary,"

"Congratulations, do you ruin dinner there as well-"

"Woah okay. Hi Katie, do you remember me? I'm Jonny", he got in between us. She rolled her eyes and pushed him aside.

"Please let me do your hair, it'll look so much better if I do it. You won't look so old and greasy," the snarky shit insulted me. It was a good one, but I have battled against this little shit for a long time.

"I think it's best that I leave my hair out like this instead. Perhaps in the future, we can come to some sort of arrangement where I don't have to cut my hair because 3 pieces of gum 'fell' in it," the girl tilted her head and pouted. Then she grinned widely and went onto Jonny. I felt myself breathe again when she wasn't paying attention to me anymore and found myself leaning on the kitchen bench.

"What about you? Can I tie up your hair?" 

"I don't think my hair is long enough Katie," Jonny bent down a bit, mainly out of awkwardness. 

"Your bloody father is doing my head in," Aunty Jack entered the kitchen and greeted us this time, "sorry love I didn't even say hello," she hugged both of us.