Chapter #22- Not every wolf is lucky to have a Mate.

Start from the beginning

Wait. Is he pregnant?

But how can he be pregnant? only fema-

"I am not pregnant, Delilah!" he snaps at me with wide eyes.

"Only females can get prenant, Mate" he chuckles.

"Did I say that out loud?" I ask, almost sure that I didn't.

"Uh..." he looks at the wall behind me and that's when it clicks.

"You can read my mind, can't you?" It's not exactly a question.

When he doesn't say anything, but nods his head slowly, I am shocked.

"How?" I demand glaring at him.

Shit! he can read my fucking mind?! What the fuck?! That is just creepy!

Like Edward Cullen creepy!

His eyes darken dangerously and I realize that he is once again in my head.

GET THE FUCK OUT!

I scream at him and he visibly cringes.

"How?!" I demand again, my rage palpable.

"Because I've accepted you as my Mate" he snaps, his voice equally pissed.

"This is bullshit. No you didn't. You are a liar who has somehow managed to creep his way in my head. Stay the fuck out Alpha, or you might just regret it" I spit.

He has me by the wall in less than a second, his hand wrapped around my throat in a tight grip.

"Just because I am playing nice with you Mate, does not mean that I will take your word lashes. I am your fucking Alpha, remember that" he sneers.

Before I can remind him that he is my Mate too, he whispers, "Until you truly forgive me for things I had no control over, until you get over the past and accept the future, the future which has the both of us together, bonded, I am just your Alpha"

My breathing shallows and I can feel the heat curl in my stomach, clawing my guts, rising upwards.

Usually when this happens, when the moon comes up and the heat's wave hits me, it hurts real bad.

So bad that I have to literally just stay away from all sorts of civilization, in case Sel can't bear it. Or spend it in Teague's arms. Where Sel is so intimidated by Ruin that she just sleeps it off.

But today, for the first time, I don't feel the heat. The wave that is supposed to be a punishment of some kind doesn't even touch me, and I don't even feel a tinge of pain.

Because I am already hurting. Unknowing as it was, Alpha Ulysses Asher Black has once again managed to break me.

I don't try to fight the darkness as it envelopes me, Alpha's panicked eyes that I barely glimpsed at registered in my conscious as I give in without a fight.

Not every wolf is lucky to have a Mate.

(@.@)

OLIVIA'S POV

I look at the woman laying on the bed, her face pale and her heat palpable in the air.

"What did you do Lys?" I ask him, glaring at the wall, pretty sure Asher will kill me if I glare at him.

"I didn't do anything" He grumbles.

"Doesn't look like that to me" I say softly, not wanting to wake up the future Luna.

'We did the right thing' Destiny murmurs in the back of my head and I can't help but agree.

After taking that decision behind Lys' back, I was worried and upset, feeling like I had somehow betrayed my Alpha.