Chapter 8 ~ Demonic Angel

Hazel quickly led Kayn and I down the vacant hallway to where we found Nathan with his hands in the air struggling to keep Asher's room closed with blue smoke forming around the door, holding a tight barrier so that Asher couldn't break through. We heard low growls and snarls from the inside, and what seemed to be claws screeching the other side of the door, as if it were a fork scraping against a chalkboard. "I can't hold on much longer!" Nathan whimpered as his eyes rolled in the back of his head and his hands started shaking from starting to lose his energy.

"Asher?" Hazel said concernedly as she went into the blue smoke and pressed her hands on his dorm's door feeling the tension from behind the door. We could hear as if something was choking him. He was struggling to keep his breath. "Asher is this you?" She turned around towards us and her eyes grew wide, but stayed silent.

"Get out," Asher growled out from the other side as he started punching the door aimlessly, starting to leave indents everywhere that were coming out of the door, almost punching holes straight through.

"Stop," Kayn gestured towards Nathan. Nathan nodded in agreement from almost fainting as he put his hands down towards his sides and fainted as he hit his head on the back of the wall, which was behind him. Hazel stepped away from the door and was on the ground by Nathan's side immediately. I kicked down the door and stepped into Asher's room, Kayn following right behind me. Asher was sitting on the edge of his bed, hands shaking as his neck and chest were full of blood.

I stopped and stared in surprise. "Asher...your hands," I saw that his fingernails turned into sharp pointed claws and he opened his mouth, showing us all his sharp pointed teeth, and his eyes that turned into red rubies.

"Don't look at me," he growled as he held his bloody hands in front of his face, trying to shield us all away from looking at him. "What am I?" he was freaking out as his hands were shaking more; blood dripping onto his white satin sheets, staining them. "Who's blood is this?" he stood up quickly without looking at us and made his way over to his dresser's mirror. "Is this my blood?!" he looked at himself through the mirror, seeing blood was on his chest and neck, then looked at Kayn and I as his teeth returned to normal.

It had seemed that he banged himself up with his own claws. "What happened to you?" I was astonished as I took a step closer to him.

"I-I don't remember.." Asher stared towards me as his new claws formed into regular fingernails again. "I just remember that I was in so much pain, and it was like I-like I lost control of myself," he stuttered then ran his bloody hands through his hair, making his hair even messier than it already was.

"You did lose control," Kayn whispered under his breath.

"Thank god you're all right!" Hazel ran into the room and rushed to Asher, embracing him in a hug, not caring if something bad would happen to her or not. "What happened to you?" she broke away from the hug and put her hands on his arms as she tensed up at the sight of seeing blood all over his arms, hands, neck, and chest.

"I-I don't know," he abruptly spat out. Hazel let go of her brother's arms and looked at her hands that were now covered in blood from him.

"You're a werewolf," Nathan breathed out as he was still outside the door in the hallway, leaning his head against the wall and took a deep breath, relaxing to gain his energy back.

"Should I just kill him now then?" Kayn chuckled as he looked at everybody. None of us said anything, but Hazel gave him an unwelcoming glare. "What? He is dangerous!"

"So are you," Hazel snapped back.

"At least I can control myself," Kayn took a hold of my hand making Asher form a snarl upon his lips.