xxviii

Dear Lux,

To say I'm glad you joined the Rebellion would be an understatement. I've been hoping out paths would cross again, and they finally did. It felt so good to ditch my responsibilities for a few hours and spend time with you. I didn't realize how much I really missed your presence.

I have to say—you've grown up. You had your moments when you sounded like the teenager I knew. You're more mature, more practical, and more attractive... I have decided not to feel upset that you've already picked out the lucky girl. I'm your friend, and we won't be anything more than that. I wish you'd see me in that way, but maybe it's just not meant to be. Besides, thirteen years passed without communication. To me, that's a clear message that you don't want to talk. And that's fine.

Someday, I'll tell you how I feel. Not today. Not tomorrow. Probably not anytime in the near future. But sometime. I'd hate to die without having told you.

I'm excited for us to go out and get coffee together tomorrow, though. There's so much I want to tell you about what's been going on in my life, and I'm sure you feel the same way. I'd like to think of it as a date to satisfy my heart, so that's what I'm going to do. Once we get into the rebellion full time, we won't have time for eachother anymore, so it won't matter. Then you can be with your mystery girl.

I'm going to keep loving you regardless. It's far past the point of no return, so I'm just going to have to accept the fact that I've been crushing on you hard since we first met. That's okay with me.

With love,
Ahsoka