Chapter 6: Annipe

I looked to my left from my position on the ground and helped the girl I had crashed into up. As she got up, our matching amber eyes met, and I gasped. She was the girl from my dream! Also, why is my dream coming true?

Then, she told me quickly and quietly so only I would hear her,  "If you don't want them to catch you, I suggest you come with me."

I nodded my head, grabbed my basket, and followed her. She ducked into a small, dark alleyway and then slipped through a little doorway into a small room. She lit a candle and then said

"who are you, why are the guards chasing you, and why do you look familiar to me?"

"My name is Abayomi. The guards were chasing me because a merchant thought I stole something, which I didn't, and I don't know why I look familiar but you look familiar to me too. Though that could be because I think we look exactly alike. What's your name?"

She calmly replied "My name is Anippe. It means daughter of the Nile."

"What does my name mean then?" I asked.

"Your name, Abayomi, means bringer of happiness. How do you not know what your name means?"   

"Can we get somewhere a little more private first?" I asked nervously.

"Of course." She said. "Follow me, please."

We ducked out the door and turned down many alleyways and streets before stopping at a very large house, the size egyptian nobles would live in. She beckoned me inside and I followed her into what was probably her bedroom if this was her house.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Above is the Manor House. What do you think is going to happen here?