Heartbreaker

June 11
"Hey Juggie!" Betty said cheerfully while sitting down.
Jughead was sitting in his usual booth at "Pop's" typing swiftly on his computer.
" Hey Bets." Jughead closed his computer and slid it off to the side.
"Writing your novel?" Betty asked.
"Ya." Jughead answered.
Betty said nothing else she just smiled.
" Why are you so cheery Bets?" Jughead asked looking confused.
"I have a date." Betty said smiling the entire time.
"With who?" Jughead asked looking even more confused now and a little bit angry.
"Archie" Betty stated.
" Did he say it was a date?" Jughead raised an eyebrow.
" Not exactly, he said we were "going out" but I think he just left out the on a date part." Betty claimed.
"Ok just don't get your hopes up too high" Jughead told Betty.
" You don't think it is a date do you Jug?" Betty asked a lot less cheery now.
" I don't, I'm sorry Bets it just doesn't seem like a date to me" Jughead looked at Betty and then continued.
"Archie thinks of you as a friend and I think that's all." Jughead said not meaning to sound so harsh.  Archie walked into pops and looked around for Betty and when he spotted her he walked over to Betty, and Jughead.
"Ready to go Bets?" Archie asked, as Archie said that Veronica came in to "Pop's" and said.
"I had to turn on the radio and start warming the car up, you ready to go!" Veronica and Archie could not see the hurt in Betty's eyes but Jughead could.
" Ya I am and I forgot to ask can Jughead come with us." Betty thought of something that would make Archie angry. "He's my date tonight." Betty put Jughead's arm around her and looked to see if Archie was angry, he looked like he did not care at all.
" Just go with it" She whispered to Jughead , Jughead smiled and stroked Betty's hand that was still on his from when she moved his arm. Archie looked angry at that, very angry.
" Let's go!" Veronica said not noticing how angry Archie clearly was.