Prologue

"Neil!!"

I moved my gaze to the direction I thought I heard my voice to see my friend Zoe waving enthusiastically in the waiting line.

She had a wide grin on her face and was bouncing on her toes.

Now there's someone that's more hyper than I am.

I tightened my grip on the handle of the only luggage I brought.

Welcome to New York Neil.
I took a deep breath and slowly walked to her.

When I was past the gate she jumped into my arms squealing "oh my God!,I'm so glad you're finally here,I missed you so much"

Zoe Taylor.

She's being my friend for five years. We met through my best friend Ava and I'll always be grateful to her for that cause Zoe turned out to be the best friend anyone could ask for.

Hyper nature and all.

I wrapped my hands around her tiny waist and took a weef of her perfume.

"I missed you too Zo, I'm glad to be here"

She finally let me go and took charge of my bag "seriously Neil?,you brought only one suitcase?,you're going to be here for two months" she said with an eyeroll.

I resisted the urge to tell her that we peasants could only afford few clothes,as it is that one suitcase contains most of the clothes I own.

Instead I said "I didn't want to have to go through a hassle at check out"

She huffed and said "fine let's go,Ava can't wait to see you,she really regrets not being able to come meet you here" she said with a slight smirk.

Ava Blake soon to be Ava Taylor -yep she's engaged to Zoe's elder brother.

She's being my bestfriend since 5th grade when I punched a guy for calling her a bitch because she wouldn't be his girlfriend.

Zoe led me to a car park a few feets from where she was waiting for me.

She stopped in front of a beautiful silver car whose name I could care less about. But it was definitely better than the bright green Cadillac I have back home.

I faced Zoe once we were in the car "what mode is Ava in now?"

She laughed and started the car "frantic bride mode"

I gave a dramatic sigh "it's as I expected."

Ava's wedding is in two months and as her maid of honor I need to be with her every step of the way which obviously I couldn't do in Taylor's groove while she lives in Manhattan.

So here I am in New York for the first time ever.

Please don't be a silent reader. Vote and comment.
Ana x.