Chapter 8: Threats and Friends

Keely's POV

Slice. I can't believe my eyes. I split an arrow. I stare in awe at the arrow that was on the target in between the remains of my second arrow. The crowd that supports me roars in approval, and I'm tackled in a hug by Abree, Jordan, and Sophia.

"YOU DID AWESOMEEEEEE!" Said Sophia enthusiastically. I laugh at the looks of Liam and his posse, while the kinder Apollo kids and others congratulate me.

"Thanks Soph." I said smiling while walking over to a certain brown haired boy.

"Hey congratulations." Jared said with a fake smile while scratching his neck.

"I forgive you." I say smirking, not missing a beat.

"For wha-" Jared starts.

"For doubting me." I said confidently.

"Oh, thanks. You are a really good shot though." He replied truthfully. "Maybe not as good as me..."

"Stop while you ahead kid." I respond sassily, "I guess we know who your parent is." I walk away to hang out with Annabeth and Percy at the practice arena.

As I walk over I'm basically in la la land thinking about my shoot, then out of no where. WHOOSH. I duck fast scared to death.

"Oops! Sorry about that miss shot!" A familiarly fake voice says. Liam. I whip my head and see an arrow planted in the tree in front of me where my head was at a second ago. I turn around and give my best glare at Liam and stand slowly. I walk slowly over to him letting the fear seep into his eyes.

"We know your a terrible shot, but you don't have to be a sore loser too." I said proud of my comeback while walking confidently away.

I look around the arena where I just arrived.

"Percy Annabeth?" I call out trying to get their attention. I walk over to the dingy weapon room and open the door. I wish I hadn't. I cover my eyes quickly and fall to the floor. OH THE HORRORS!

T-They w-were making out!
"WOAH! Keely, sorry I thought you were coming later." Percy said nervously scratching his neck. Annabeth didn't even show her face. Probably out of embarrassment.
"Umm , I could come back later..." I said trailing off.
"No, no!" Said a red annabeth. "You may be a good shot, but you have to work on your dagger  fighting. I left the little room to let them get out. Annabeth grabbed her dagger and Percy his sword.
"You ready Keely?" And let the games begin.
-----time skip, cuz Kronos works for ME now---
Jab. Dodge. Swipe! Clang. My dagger fell to the floor.
"DANG IT!" I yelled angrily.
"Hey, you actually did very well that time!" Percy said impressed.
"Yeah! He won't admit it, but I think you almost beat him!" Annabeth replied evily.
"Oh really?" Percy said advancing towards annabeth. His arms where outstretched.
"NO PERCY NOT THAT-" Annabeth was interrupted by her own giggle as Percy tickled her mercilessly.
"Um I think I'm going to go." I said slowly waking out. They didn't even seem to notice. And I really didn't want a repeat of last time. I shuddered just thinking about it.
"Hey you cold?" Jared said waking up to me.
"No, I'm fine." I said somewhat lying. It was a bit chilly. We must have spent more time training that I thought.
The sun had set on the lake and was casting its last golden rays across the water.
"Then why did you shudder?" Jared said looking concerned.
"Oh, I just saw something a bit disturbing as I was going to the arena." I said. Realization shone on jared's face. He even let out a little laugh.
"Oh, so you saw Percy and Annabeth making out, huh." He said raising his eyebrows. I laughed at his expression and nodded.
"Oh well you were not the first... or the last." He said shuddering. I giggled and then walked with him to supper. We talked along the way and I got to know more about him.
His last name was Grimm. His favorite food was pizza. His favorite color is orange, and he live in California with his mom.
Once we arrive at the cafeteria we parted ways to our tables and I sat down. Alone. Hmmm what sounded good tonight?
I thought carefully. I was actually craving a chicken salad and some raspberry tea. I got my food and then scraped some into the sacrificial altar and silently thanked my mom. Somehow I just knew she helped me.
Maybe she does care for me after all.

Thanks for reading guys! Hope you enjoyed! As always vote and comment what you liked, I love reading what you all think! BYE HUNTERZZ! 🏹

~Cat😽

********WORD COUNT:782**********