Chapter 7 The Big Day

OK IM SOWWY I HAVEN'T POSTED IN 5 MONTHS BUT YOU KNOW!

Keely's POV

It was the big day, and I was currently under the large altar in my room praying to the gods that I could beat Liam today. Mostly my mom. Or Artemis. What do I call her? Is it acceptable to call her my mom or not? I'm kind of new to this 'Demigod' stuff.

  Hey, mom I know that I probably shouldn't have started this deal in the first place, but if you could help me win it that would be great. I just want to wipe that smug smirk off Liam's face. I have to. I pray silently. Hopefully she will listen. Well I guess I should go to breakfast.

I run over to breakfast hoping to get there somewhat on time. I already put on my official bright orange 'CAMP HALF-BLOOD' shirt with a pair of light washed jean shorts, and my long straight blonde hair in a high pony. Luckily I arrive just in time, I run over to the lonely Artemis table. There literally is no one else to sit with me.

Well isn't this depressing. Thats one of the things I don't like about CHB. It's so separated in everything, the cabins are like dividers, so kids who don't have any siblings are always alone. There really was no point in going to breakfast. I barely ate anything out of nervousness. Knowing I was not going to eat anything I threw the rest of my breakfast into the fire, for the gods.

I run out to meet Abree, Sophia, and Jordan at the entrance to breakfast. They look at me worriedly. 

"I'm guessing you heard?" I question the girls who nod slowly.

"You don't have to do this." Sophia said worried.

"Yeah seriously." Abree said her impish grin replaced with a serious look.

"Guys! Don't forget that my mother is Atemis, goddess of the hunt." I say confidently.

"I know, but please don't do this just because you think you need too." Jordan said her caramel hair and white dress floating in the cool summer breeze. I thought slowly and carefully. 

"I want to." All smiles wiped from my face.

"OK. I can't stop you." Jordan said crossing her arms. 

I sighed backing up. It was almost time for the competition. And. I. Am. Not. Ready.

----Competition TIMEEEEE---

I nervously wrung out my hands as I walked to the archery range awaiting my probable doom. Okay, so that sounded dramatic. But it was TRUE! In about 5 minutes it would all come down to me vs Liam. This was not going to end well.

I finally arrive, and I feel the stares of all the campers watch me as I grab my knife from my book and slash up revealing my bow. I stand in front of a target next to Liam's and stand still not wanting to be the first to make a move.

"OK EVERYONE!" Liam's voice booms over the muttering  of the campers. "Today lil miss Artemis and I will have a shoot off!" Liam says as he scoffs. "I don't know why all you came when you know I am going to win! Buy, anyway each archer gets three shots to win. The player with the best score at the end wins!" Liam says the last part as if he has been doing it his whole life. Which he probably has.

My nerves kick in high gear, and now my main motive is not to throw up. Liam looks at me satisfied at my looks. He smirks notching his arrow. 

"I'll go first." He says letting go. A smile appears on his face as the Clunck of the arrow sounds. He hit his target for sure. Perfect bullseye. I internally swear. This is going to be great. He draws back another arrow and releases acting like its no big deal. I sigh as this one also hits well in the bullseye, this one is more to the left as the first though.

He gives me a big smile as he notches his last arrow. Big mistake taking his eyes of the target. Splunk. The arrow hits the red this time. I think Liam's face turned the same color as the target. He looked like he was going to spontaneously combust. I put my hand over my mouth to stop from grinning at his face. All the other campers weren't doing so well on holding in their laugher.

"OK! OK! ENOUGH!" Liam's voice echoes. He looked me dead in the eyes with his pale dead blue ones. "Let's see you do better."

I gulp somewhat audibly. I step up suddenly feeling at home. I notch my arrow slowly and aim at the bullseye. Cmon mom. Please. I think. I let go. Thunk. The arrow hits the target. It barely hits the bullseye. Its way on the bottom of the yellow, but I'm just happy I hit it.

"YEAH! KEELY WHOOOO!" Percy says pumping his fists. Annabeth tries to calm him down. I chuckle. Classic Percy. I try to tune out the yelling of the Apollo's cabin (Besides Jared), But its tough. I pull through and notch again. Splunk. This time it hits in the very middle of the bullseye.

"WHOOO HOOOO!" The three musketeers yell. Or more specifically Abree, Jordan, and Sophia. I have to hit another bullseye. I am once again getting nervous. You can do it Keely. A voice says in my mind. This might sound weird but it didn't feel like my voice. I shrugged it off and notched the final arrow in my trembling hands. I aim carefully and slowly.

1

2

3

I release. 

TO BE CONTINUED...

MHUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! I LOVE YOU ALL BUT I SERIOUSLY LOVE ENDING ON CLIFF-HANGERS. Anyway, vote, comment, and follow me! I really hope you enjoyed! BYE HUNTERS! 🎯

~ CAT 😸

***WORD COUNT: 971***