I pursed my lips and shuffled towards them as Dawn scooted over to create space for me beside her on the couch where I casually slumped.

"G'morning Sere, how're you feeling now? Are you okay?" Mom greeted.

"Better." I smiled at her.

"OMG DID YOU JUST SMILE?!" Dawn gasped in shock, "Is the old Serena back again?"

"Maybe the old Serena was always here, just in a bad mood. But every storm has to end one day." I beamed, "Mine is long gone."

"I missed you!" Dawn strangled me into a tight hug.

"So, are we going to see Ash today?" Dawn had hopes in her eyes while I just anxiously fiddled with my fingers. Dead silence prevailed the previously loud room.

"I'm not sure, I don't even know where he lives." I hesitantly stated.

"Oh leave that to me, I know every detail about Paul's friends." Dawn smirked.

"I don't know. Should I, Mom?" I exchanged a glance with my mother who smiled at me,

"Serena, before you do anything, let yourself know -- I trust you." My mother smiled heartily, "I'm always right beside you. Just do what your heart says and don't look back. I know you'll make the best decision, I know you're strong and capable. You're a lot stronger than me and you've already proved it.

You stood firm and bore every storm with patience. You are unshakable and even if you face a problem afterwards, I know you can deal with it. Don't underestimate your willpower."

I just smiled at her, a jolt of confidence knocking in me as I triumphantly nodded my head with an impulsive grin,

"We'll go and confront Ash then."

The drive to Ash's place was a long and quiet one

The drive to Ash's place was a long and quiet one. Taking unfamiliar routes, Diamond finally halted in front of a black steel railing gate, peeking through which I saw no signs of a building anywhere near.

Soon a uniformed man came up to us with an uninterested look plastered on his face. Dawn pulled down the glass shield and she yelled at the top of her lungs,

"Excuse you,  but does this house belong to a guy named Ash?"

"Ash?! You're here to meet Ash? Wait, I'll inform Madam, I'll be right back to you. " He fled, sounding somewhat astonished and soon returned sprinting and panting with exhaustion, "I've called her, she is asking you to come in."

And then the gates opened into a plain grass field with a pebbled trajectory between, through which Dawn slowly drove inside,

"Where's the house? Does he live in grass?" Dawn frowned.

And after a little drive, the beige structure of the mansion came in sight.

"Whoa, that was a big front yard, does he like use it for farming." Dawn commented, "I mean, I know his house started in the Kanto region but I can't tell if it ends there. Crazy."