25. Psithurism

Ash avoided the situation in the most sophisticated way possible, turning around one eighty degrees and running, which could only mean one thing, he forgot to buy me a present

In my opinion, it was absolutely alright but my dear friends found it absolutely horrifying as they had their sleeves all rolled up to slaughter him on spot. It was a tough job to keep Miette and Dawn's crazy kitty claws from Ash, trust me.

The lunch break ended and after a few more annoying classes, the school ended too. I made my way towards my locker to put back my textbooks and continuing on my way to join Dawn in the parking outside.

I walked across the desolated corridors with my backpack slump on my shoulder, my way only to be blocked by a structured well-built arm slamming on the metal locker to my right forming a barrier in my way. I looked up at the person to whom this arm belonged finding it to be the same oh-so-cliché heartthrob.

Guessed it right, Ash.

"Ello there, Ash." I greeted.

"I'm so sorry, Serena. Like, SO SO sorry." Ash frowned.

"Its alright, Ash. I've already told you. A hundred times." I huffed.

"Its not alright." He frowned, "I'm such a horrible person. You helped so many times; the breakup thing, the French classes, the videogames and all and I? I couldn't even remember your birthday."

"You don't know anything." I smiled to myself as I looked down, recalling the days of elementary school, my world of euphoria.

He had helped me the most. Of all, everyone I had known. He taught me how to speak without stuttering, to read, to socialize, to be strong, to never give up, to be who I am.

He just wasn't good at remembering.

He didn't just forget my birthday, but my entire existence.

"Exactly, I don't know. I'm an idiot. Please forgive me."

"That, you are. And I already have." I smiled as I stood on my tiptoes to match his level and ruffled his hair.

"No, don't! You deserve a present and I'll get you one." He vehemently said before reaching a flower vase and plucking a flower out of it.

He returned to me as he held out the flower, offering it to me. I blankly stared at the bright crimson colored petals of the flower and then back at him before raising a brow.

"That's a rose." I shook my head.

"Your observation is correct, congratulations!" He grinned.

"Ash, you don't just give roses to anyone like that." I frowned, "Its a special flower. Its only for your loved ones."

"But you are a loved one." He spoke nonchalantly.

My heartbeat rose as I looked into his warm brown eyes. They had no hint of impurity or hesitation.