20. Fueillemort

"Wow, that was quite a thrill!" I cheered at my victory, flinging my hand along with the controller up high

"What in the world?! How is this even possible?" Ash yelled in frustration as he tossed the controller on the soft lilac rug beneath us.

I patiently sat cross-legged beside him, a victorious grin plastered on my face, "Maybe, we should get back to study now?"

"Not until I beat you in this videogame." Ash scowled as he picked his controller back up.

"What do you mean, you'll never study?" I grinned sardonically.

"Way to boost someone's enthusiasm." He pouted.

"Oh come on! You played well." I suppressed a giggle.

"How is this even possible?! How can YOU beat me in MY game?" Ash groaned.

"Well I just did." I smiled victoriously, "Perhaps for the hundredth time."

"Exactly! How? You're a - 'smol' cinnamon roll." Ash frowned, "Firstly, most girls don't play such hardcore videogames. Even if they do, how can you?! I mean, you look so innocent, like a puff pastry. How come do you have an entire shelf stocked with stuff like Call of Duty, Halo, NFS and Fallout? Shouldn't you, like, play barbie or anything?"

"Wow, that was offensive! Now, stop whining like a kid." I pouted, "And for your kind information, I don't go to summer camps anymore or take any remedial classes, so, I have to build some hobbies to kill time." I calmly responded, hiding the actual reason, which was the fact that I used to play these videogames with my dad 24/7.

"Kill time? You've killed a damn tournament just now! I mean, okay! You're good but you still can't beat ME." He huffed, "I'm like, 'the expert'. No one has ever beaten me in these videogames. How can a puff pastry like YOU do? No one can play THAT well. What kind of sorcery is this?"

"Why do guys overreact after losing?" I shook my head, "Its okay, better focus on the game next time rather than pressing the buttons as hard as you can and physically moving along with the character."

"Okay, Whatever - one more match and I'll defeat you." He offered.

"No way, Ash. You're here for a tutoring session, not a videogame rivalry." I frowned as I turned off the game.

"Alright Alright! But I know you've used a cheat code." He grumbled as he stood up.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." I rolled my eyes.

"I will find out what kind of sorcery this is and then I'll beat you in all the games you've beaten me in." He crossed his arms as he followed me towards the coffee table where all our French textbook notes were scattered around.

"Now, the next topic is, La Famille." My heart dropped as I dictated the topic; family.

Ash had a family, and he was going to write about it. What if I had this class? What'd I write? My family has left me. I had no family.