1.9 - The Gala [ I ]

Start from the beginning

"Okay then" I sighed in relief.

"Great! Be ready by six" I said and hung uo immediately afraid of her hearing my crack voice. I gulped down my sorrows and looked at Emily with wide smile, she just rolled her eyes making me question whether I'm doing the right thing.

"Heavens look at the time" I exclaimed and hurriedly changed into a black pencil skirt and hot pink blouse. I quickly brushed my brown hair, applied some mascara and lip gloss and took my necessities.

"I'll drop you" Emily said while dusting her hands. "no thanx. I have to come back" I said and left the house with her, parting our ways in the garage.

Once I reached my desk I kept my bag on the ground, picked up the file that Ian needs to check before I send it to our Financial department. I knocked on his door two times and entered as I heard a 'come in'.

There he was siting on the chair behind his table, busy reading something on his laptop in his black suit and no tie, again.

"No tie again?" I asked amused. He looked up from the screen and nodded. I shook my head and went towards the closet he has in his office. You never know when you need one.

I chose a dark red one since he wore all black today. We need some colours now. I showed him the tie with a smile. He chuckled and walked towards me. I began tieing it around his neck.

"Now what? Is this our thing?" He asked.

"Seems like it" I replied as I pulled the tie in its perfect shape.

"Good. Marie has loads of work to do anyway" he said while going back to gis place. I just hummed in reply.

"You have to check those" I pointed towards the file I bought in which was now lying on his table. He glanced at my pointed direction and nodded in acknowledgement.

I exited his cabin not before saying "I arranged a date for you" I quickly dashed out of there before he can even so look at my direction. My heart was pounding hard in my chest as I reached my desk.

I don't know why I was afraid but for some reason I was. Maybe afraid of losing him. But then I remembered he was never mine to lose.

"You did what?" His voice snapped me out of my thoughts. He stood near my desk looking at me with wide eyes. His eyes. I love them. I cleared my throart as I realised I was staring at them.

"I said I arranged you a date" I said and pretended to work on the computer.

"Who is she?" He asked uncomfortably.

"Who do you think?" I asked back. He stared into my eyes for a few moments and then backed up. "No, you did not " he said in horror.

"I just did" I smiled sarcastically.

"Why?" He exclaimed

"Because I gave you my word, remember?"

He paced back and forth with a hand on his head, massaging his forehead.

"What if I do something wrong?" He asked.

I frowned and got up from my seat walking towards him. "Are you nervous?" I asked rhetorically. He just threw his head back and started pacing again. Getting annoyed by his pacing I stood in front of him, blocking his path.

"What?" He asked in frustration. I sighed and took his hand in mine to comfort him. Mostly me.

"You will do it Ian. You love her since the day you laid your eyes on her. Don't give up, just do it. I know you can" I said by looking into his eyes like I'm talking to his soul. After a while he nodded. I smiled widely at him.