I like the way you sound // george

The Gryffindor record selection was definitely an interesting one. You were going through the collection, and you hadn't found a single one by anyone you'd even heard of. You wondered if muggle music was as frowned upon here as muggles themselves. You finally choose one, glancing around to make sure no one was there, before sliding it into the record player. As soon as the music cuts through the silent room, you feel a flash of recognition. It was similar to a song you'd heard before. A muggle one, even.

It only takes you replaying it a few times for you to learn the lyrics, and only a few more for you to sing along, sitting back down on the couch and attempting to study.

The song has just ended once again, and you're about to get up to reset it again when a voice cuts through the air. "Wow. You can sing."

You jump, nearly falling off the couch when you take in the boy in the doorway. "Oh... I didn't know anyone was awake." you flush, quickly turning off the record player with a flick of your wand.

He flashes you a friendly smile

He flashes you a friendly smile. "Yeah, no me either. So what are you doing up?"

"Couldn't sleep." you explain sheepishly, relaxing into the couch as he takes the seat next to you. You recognized him as one of the Weasley twins, but he was a year or two older than you so you weren't able to distinguish them.

"Me either. Must be something in the water."

"Or my bloody singing woke you up. I'm really sorry. I didn't realize I was actually singing aloud."

He shakes his head quickly. "No, not at all. I was already awake, and I... like the way you sound. You have a really lovely voice.

You can't help but smile. "Thank you."

He opens his mouth to respond when the singing lady bursts open, a boy that looks remarkably like the boy you were sitting next to, barging in. "Georgie, you're taking bloody forever. What could possibly-" the boy trails off when he takes in you and George, and your proximity. "What's this?" Fred gives his brother a sly look.

George flushes. "Nothing, Fred. I'll be there in a minute."

"Oh, nonsense. It can wait. Clearly there are more pressing matters at hand." Fred turns to you. "You would be?"

"Oh, uh, I'm Y/N."

"Nice to meet you, Y/N. I see you've met my brother George here. Got the better lips between us, didn't he?"

Your mouth drops open, and you think you see George frantically shake his head at his brother out of the corner of your eye. "Heh. Yeah. I better get back to my dorm," you begin to stand up.

"Wait! You can't go yet!" George protests. He shoots Fred a look, who responds with an innocent shrug.

Your brow furrows. "Why not?"

George freezes, clearly looking for some kind of reasoning behind what he just said. "Because we want to play a game!" Fred fills in for his brother.

"Oh, sounds fun." you sit back down beside George, and the boys exchange a look that you don't quite have time to read. "What game?"

"Well, there's 7 Minutes in Heaven, Too Hot, Spin the Bottle-"

"Alright, Freddie. Not quite the kind of games we're going for." George cuts in.

Fred puts on an innocent frown. "Why ever not?"

George rolls his eyes at his brother, giving him a shove. "I thought you said you had to use the loo, you giant git."

"Oh. Right! Right. That'll take me about half an hour, I reckon... You know, digestive problems, always a blast. Feel free to start without me." he shoots a wink at his brother, proceeding to whistle his way out of the commonroom.

You laugh when the door closes behind him, turning to George. "George?"

"Y/N?" he mirrors your tone, arching an eyebrow at you.

"I think maybe your brother wants us to kiss." you whisper tauntingly.

"Really knows how to set the mood, that one." he plays along. "Is he the only one? That wants us to kiss, I mean."

"Not sure... I mean, you could try it...Y'know, for experimental purposes, of course."

You see his lip twitch with the effort of concealing a smile. "Of course."

He leans towards you, not wasting any time as he sets one hand on your cheek to lead your lips to his. You feel the kiss in your fingertips as your hands run up into his hair, pulling him closer which earns no protest from him as he drags you into his lap, his own hands resting on your sides.

"George?" you murmur, when he pulls away.

"Y/N?" he copies your tone, his nose still brushing yours, as he allows his eyes to fall shut again.

"Your brother isn't the only one that wants us to kiss."

"No. I suppose he isn't."

And then your lips connect again, and you're just the right kind of breathless.