i hate goodbyes//george//

Y/N pov:

"What? What do you mean by that?"

"I meant what I said; me and Fred are planning on leaving Hogwarts"

"Why? Why would you do that?". Your voice was getting louder. Confusion hit you like a salty ocean wave.
"I can't tell you. It's my problem - not your's", George muttered while looking around the entrance courtyard of Hogwarts. "Wait, so this is how you want things to be-", your voice was shaky, you just wanted to shout. He glanced at his feet and took a deep heartbreaking breath before lifting his vision to your offended face. "Y/N, what do you mean?", he asked quietly and frowned.

"You know what, I get it - I do", with a saddened breath you turned on your heels and started walking away from the love of your life. A salty tears started rolling on your cheek. "What are you talking about?", George mumbled softly whilst you kept on walking away from him. "Y/N, please", he continued to speak quietly.

"What are you talking about, Y/N?! What?! Tell me!", he shouted loudly and painfully. His voice was breaking. You stopped walking, closing your watering eyes. Then you turned back to face George.
"I'm talking about the fact, how you have missed every single date we planned - for two months! Two months, George! And, I'm talking about the fact, that now for some reason you think that your problems shouldn't involve me-", you were shouting, almost as loud as George before you. Tears just kept on falling down your cheeks and when you saw your boyfriends painful facial expression, even more salty tears started to form. He started to take steps closer to you. "- even when you were the one to say, that we're a team. That my problems were yours; that your problems were mine. What happened to all that?", you weren't shouting anymore, you weren't angry - you were just, just unclear, and now George was standing right in-front of you.

He cupped your cheeks with his hands, while you watched tears fall from his eyes. "Please, don't go. Don't leave me. No, no, no, I hate goodbyes", you begged for him to stay.
"I can't stay. I wished that you could come with me"
"You know that I can't leave Hogwarts, George. You know that my whole life is here!", you tried to raise your voice, but there was no use. Even your voice was drowning in your tears. He pulled you against his chest and wrapped his strong arms around you.

"I know, Y/N, I know", he was as torn as you. His usually witty and clear voice was now just raspy and unstable. He pressed a kiss on the top of your head and whispered a sentence with a heartbreaking voice.
"I love you, Y/N"
"I love you too". You knew that he would leave.