Classmates //Draco//

"Ok so I have this really cute idea for a Draco imagine where he's a single dad. one day he brings his son Scorpius somewhere and he sees the reader. Scorpius is like'lets go over there' and runs off. the reader finds him and Draco's like'thank GOD' and he's like'look papa, (reader) says they know you' AND LOTS OF FLUFF PLEASE" (originally sent to me by jasperismybae) - requested by through 

    I take a deep breath as I walk into Diagon Alley. It's been a long time since I was here last - almost ten years. But everything is just as I remember it.

All of my old favorite shops are still here: Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, Honeydukes, and so many others. In fact, the temptation to go to Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour is so strong that I have to stop.

It's just as popular as it used to be, I think as I eat my chocolate ice cream. There are kids everywhere. Pressed against the windows, sitting at the tables, and dragging their parents in from outside.

But for some reason, one little boy really stands out to me. He has white-blond hair and a thin face, and he looks very familiar, although I am sure that we have never met. The boy is sitting all alone at a table and looking rather lonely.

I almost walk away, but I can tell that something is wrong, so instead I walk over to him.

"Hello," I say with a smile, trying not to be intimidating. "Are you here alone?"

The boy frowns at me. "No, my daddy told me he would get me ice cream, but then he left. I don't know where he is."

I take a deep breath. "Okay. Do you want me to help you find your dad?"

"No. I want ice cream."

"Well," I say, "How about we get you some ice cream and then find your dad? I'm sure he's very worried."

"I want strawberry," says the boy.

Together we go up to the counter, and as we wait for his scoop, I find out that the boy's name is Scorpius, and he is the son of Draco Malfoy.

Strangely enough, Draco Malfoy went to school with me. In fact, we were in the same house and everything. I barely spoke to him because I was shy, and because he was cute.

But it looked as though I am going to have to overcome my fear, because I am sure that Draco was worried sick about his son.

And I was right, judging from the loud, "Scorpius! Thank god you're alright!" I hear when we exit the shop.

A tall, blond, familiar figure - Draco - rushes past me and pulls his son into a giant hug. "I didn't know where you were! You can't just wander off like that! I thought you were dead, or some evil wizard had kidnapped you!"

Scorpius giggles. "No, daddy, I was with the nice witch!"

Draco lets go of his son and notices me for the first time. "y/n y/l/n?"

"Hello."

He smiles at me. "I don't know if you remember, but we went to Hogwarts together."

I laugh. "How could I forget? You were in most of my classes - we were in the same year and house, after all. But we didn't really talk. I wish we had."

"Me too."

It's awkward for a few moments while both of us watch Scorpius eat his ice cream, until Draco says, "You know, there's still time for us to start talking. My wife and I ... my ex-wife and ... well, we've separated, and I've been kind of lonely lately."

Was Draco Malfoy asking me out?

"Maybe we can meet for coffee some time," I say with a smile, "Send me an owl."