Wishes//draco//

It's times like these that you cherished; lazy weekends with no homework and no classes.

You were outside in the courtyard, reading a book your parents had sent you. Everything was peaceful, and it felt as if nothing could change that, until someone grabbed your book out of your hand.

When you looked up to see who was disturbing you, you immediately felt like gagging.

"What do you want, Neil?" You said coldly.

"Well, hello to you too, gorgeous."

Neil was, by far, the most obnoxious boy you had ever met. He walks around the school with his group of boys equally as obnoxious as him, flirting with every girl he set his eyes on.

Including you.

"Don't call me that. Ever." You snapped.

"Aw, come on. Don't be like that. I know you like me; it's pretty obvious."

You scoffed. "You wish. Now, give me back my book."

"I will, only if you agree to go on a date with me." He smirked.

"Not even in your wildest dreams." You spat.

As you tried to grab your book, he grabbed your wrist, and pulled you towards him.

He was about to say something, but he was quickly cut off by a voice.

"Let her go." the voice said.

You looked over and saw your best friend, Draco Malfoy.

"Can't you get it through your thick skull that she's not interested?" Draco said, pushing him away from you.

"What are you gonna do, Malfoy? Tell on me to your father?" Neil snickered, getting a few laughs from his group.

"She'd never be with an idiot like you. Leave her alone." He growled, beginning to walk over to you.

"What? Do you think YOU have a chance with her? Like that would ever happen."

You watched as Draco clenched his fists while his face turned red.

Suddenly, Draco turned around, and swung his fist into Neil's cheek.

By now, the crowd of students who gathered around began to back up.

You had never seen Draco this angry before. It actually scared you a bit.

"D-Draco?" You stuttered.

You put your hand on his shoulder, but he shrugged it off, and walked away without another word.

~*~

As the day went on, there was no sign of Draco; he didn't come back to the Slytherin common room and he didn't attend dinner. You finally figured out the only place he could possibly be.

You immediately made your way to the astronomy tower, and just as you predicted, there stood Draco, leaning over the railing.

"Mind if I join you?" You asked.

He didn't answer.

You walked up to the railing and stood beside him. After a few moments of silence passed, you decided to speak.

"Draco, why did you do what you did?" You asked quietly, looking over at him.

Still no answer.

"Draco, please! Talk to me-" you began, but you were cut off by Draco's lips against yours.

An infinite number of questions and thoughts began running through your mind.

Draco pulled away and rested his forehead against yours.

"Does that answer your question?" He said softly.

You gazed up at him. You've had a crush on Draco for a very long time, but you didn't think that he'd ever like you back.

But now you knew that he did.

You cupped his face in your hands and pulled him in for another kiss. He kissed you back, placing his hands on your waist.

You broke away, completely breathless, and smiled at him.

"Yes." You answered.

You rested your head against his chest while you both looked out into the night. As you did, you watched a star shot across the sky.

"Look! A shooting star! Make a wish!" You said, smiling at Draco.

He smirked. "I don't need to; you're right here. My wish already came true."

~The End~