Chapter 5- The Banquet

(a/n) Guys, I know that Metallica is a band, but just roll with it. It sounds really cool like this okay?

I just wanted to thank everyone who read the first book and immediately jumped over to this book. I mean, it already has 12k views! That's amazing! I would dedicate these chapters to specific people, however, I don't know how to do that yet lol. I've been on Wattpad for 3 years and I still don't know how to dedicate chapters. Oh well. This is dedicated to all you lovely readers! Enjoy!

Word count: 3654

When Tony first heard the news that Steve and Maggie brought to him about a dangerous man webbing criminals up, he simply laughed and shrugged it off. Who could be scared of a little spider-thing running around in red tights? He certainly wasn't afraid.

“But Dad," Maggie spoke as she followed her father throughout the Avengers facility. “he was strung up in webbing. This guy is dangerous."

Tony stopped walking and turned to face his daughter. “No, what's dangerous is taking a midnight motorcycle ride with a ninety-five-year-old man."

“Dad," Maggie groaned as she rolled her eyes at him. “Just let me stay one more day. I can catch this guy and bring him in. He could be a valuable asset to the team."

“I don't want you chasing down random vigilantes. You are way too young for that." Tony insisted.

“I'm not too young!" Maggie argued as she crossed her arms over her chest. “Besides, you were my age when you were put partying and drinking already."

“How did you know about that?" Stark questioned.

“Vision told me. But anyway, Dad, just give me three days. Three days to track this guy down and bring him in to you guys. Then, you can do whatever you want with him." Maggie coaxed with pleading eyes.

Before Tony stopped and thought about it for a minute, he silently cursed Vision. He would have to keep a close eye on her. Maybe even tail close behind her. He sighed.

“One day." He reasoned. “And I get to choose who goes with you."

Maggie frowned. “I don't need anyone to come with me. I can handle this on my own."

“Psh, sure you can." He beseeched sarcastically as he turned and continued to walk towards the front doors of the building.

Knowing she can't argue any further with her stubborn father, Maggie just nodded. “Uh, okay then. I'll.....get started on it right now."

Tony threw her his famous raised eyebrow look over his shoulder. “Really? In the middle of the day? What if he's got a hangover and won't be out until later tonight?"

“Oh, you think he is old enough to drink?" Maggie pondered as she followed on his heels.

“Jeez, how young do you think he is?" Tony laughed at her.

“Oh, well, I don't know." Maggie muttered as a light blush fell upon her cheeks. “Nevermind, I'll go tonight."

“If you say so." Tony shrugged, half-heartedly. He exited the building and approached a black limo pulling up beside the building. The back door opened and a pair of three-inch, white high heels stepped onto the ground.

“Baby!" Tony called out to her in an apprehensive voice. “How was the flight? Was Happy nice to you? Sometimes he can get a bit cranky."

“You got that right." Maggie quipped from the top of the stairs.

Happy Hogan, Tony's faithful and very large bodyguard, rolled his eyes as he closed the car door behind the red-haired CEO.

“Hey, zip it, pipsqueak!" Happy insulted her.