Chapter 18

I stayed the majority of the time that Mick, Jax, and Len were gone, on my bed in my room.

I flexed and relaxed my right hand, trying to summon my powers up again but it wasn't working.

"Come on," I muttered closing and opening up my hand quickly. But nothing.

"Ugh!" I shouted and threw my hand back down into my lap.

"You're doing it wrong," Professor Stein said as he startle me. He was standing awkwardly in the doorframe.

I rose my eyebrow in question.

"You're  trying to focus all of the thoughts that are making you angry into your-your compressed light beams." Stein said stepping into the room more. "You need to be one with your powers, not trying to use your emotion to power them."

I look down at both my hands. I stand up from my bed and move to the center of the room. I take a deep breath and try again. I raise my arm, point it at a lamp on my desk, clench my fingers, and released.

There was a flicker of light illuminating from my hand with a tiny squeak for a millisecond before it went out.

"I can't do it!" I shouted at my hand. "Why can't you work when I need you to!?"

"You know," Stein said stepping next to me. "Ms.Miller back with my former other half if you recall, Ronnie, I was the one in control of his body at first?"

I nodded. "I remember,"

"I remember how it feels, to channel the blast into one. I remember the source of my powers, the one thing that kept me sane and going. As did Ronnie."

"Your wife and Caitlin."

"Precisely," Stein grinned. "What I'm saying is you have to find that one grip on reality that you have to hold on to and not let go."

"I know who you're trying to make me think about," I said glumly.

"You and Mr. Snart's relationship may be a odd one, but I've never seen a bond quite like yours."

"We're not exactly on the same page right now," I looked down towards the floor.

"You two hardly ever are, but your relationship still works, which is what makes it stronger."

I sighed and thought over his words in silence.

"It was nice talking to you Ms. Miller," Stein nodded and exited with the door sliding shut behind him.

I sighed and looked at my hand one last time before repeating my technique.

I closed my eyes this time.

My arm jerked back as a light beam put a whole in the wall, next to the lamp.

I yelped and pulled my arm back quickly.

I saw Rip's head looking through the now 6 inch wide whole in the wall.

"Gideon," Rip glared at me.

"Yes, Captain?"

"Will you please start a repair in Vivian's West wall please?"

"Right away, Captain." The AI confirmed.

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁