A Not So Major Failure Date

Start from the beginning

"Your ribs," Clary gasped in horror, looking at it.

Jace looked down at it and sucked in a deep breath as if seeing it for the first time. Maybe he was.

"That damn demon must have got me. THAT must have been what was hurt. I taught it was my ego and my manly manliness, getting a Shax tackling me." Jace said, looking at the cut, annoyed.

"Do you need an iratze on it?" Clary asked, scooting closer. The action hurt her ankle but she had bigger problems now.

But Jace noticed her wince and his forehead creased. "Are you hurt? Where?" Jace asked, his voice full of worry and love.

Clary utterly burst into tears and she threw herself onto his shoulder. It must be 'that special time' of the month for her. She was so emotional.

"Clary?"

"Please never do that again." she sobbed before pulling away. Now she felt silly. Shadowhunters didn't cry.

"Yes...yes. Now, where are you hurt?" Jace said hastily.

"Just my ankle. Let me do you first." Clary said and immediately regretted her choice of words.

Jace grinned, his eyes sparkling. "Sure. You can start. I'm ready."

Clary thwacked him lightly in the shoulder. "Regrettable choice of words. You know that's not what I mean, Jace."

"Now I'm just disappointed." Jace muttered before winking at her.

Clary rolled her eyes. "Lift up your shirt."

"Can you handle my magnificence?" he joked, rolling his shirt up.

"I can handle your shirtlessness, your Majesty. Let me see that."

There was a shallow but long cut on Jace's side. She had to keep her eyes focused on the wound instead of his golden skin and his perfectly carved, muscles...

She took his stele from him and gently pressed the blunt tip to his side.

With a careful arm, she slowly drew an iratze on the side and watched in amazement as the torn skin knitted back together.

Jace exhaled in relief ad the pain subsided. He immediately took his stele from Clary and skillfully drew an iratze lightly on her ankle.

The first touch of the iratze was a burning sensation, a a superheated needle tracing her skin. Then the pain subsided to a pleasing warmth which soon radiated to her whole body.

She looked down and saw that Jace had also drawn a warming rune on her ankle.

"Better?" he said.

She could already feel her ankle returning to normal.

"Much, thanks."

Jace got to his feet and gently pulled Clary to her feet with him.

"Walk back to the Institute with me. I'm sure Isabelle has some clothes to spare." Jace said hopefully.

"I don't know, Jace. It's way past my curfew and...fine. What the hell. Sure." Clary sighed. "But none of Isabelle's clothes." Clary said, thinking of when she first woke up in the Institute and Isabelle had leant her a top with a plunging neckline and pants with too long length.

When Clary looked to Jace, she could tell he was thinking of the same thing to. There was a smug smile on his face.

"Hey," Clary said. "No dirty thoughts around me."

Jace chuckled but said nothing.

When they arrived at the Institute, Isabelle was there to greet them.