The Keys - A TAWoG Adventure Chapter 17

The rest of the day was uneventful and before Gumball knew it, he found himself lying down on his bed, exhausted from walking around all day. Nobody was in the room except for him. Now he was only waiting for Joe and Tobias, about some sort of meeting, he guesses. But he was also waiting for Darwin. He wanted to confront the fish once and for all, see what's really wrong with him.

All of a sudden he heard the dinner bell, but Gumball really wasn't in the mood to go back to the dining hall again. Ever since Penny warned him, Gumball has been getting edgier around the teachers, studying their movements and behavior. But also, he has been seeing his buddy less and less. It hurt Gumball that he couldn't do anything for his brother, but wait and see.

All of a sudden, Tobias and Joe entered through the door and the banana slammed it shut, a confident look on his face.

"So . . ." Gumball was about to speak, but Joe held a finger to his lips and laid his head against the door. Once the room was still and silent, they heard voices murmuring outside the corridor. The blue cat used his specialized hearing as best as he could, but all he could hear was "transfer","detention","troublemakers", and "the fish", which brought tingles to his stomach. It was official. His buddy does have something to do with the weird staff here, unless they're talking about somebody else, which he kinda doubted but wished it was so.

Then the voices died down and footsteps were heard until there was nothing but silence remaining.  The banana quickly ran to his bed and grabbed a piece of paper.

"Are we allowed to talk now?" Gumball asked. The banana nodded and laid his paper on the table. It was nothing but a weird blueprint full of scribbled and lines, like a diagram for a soccer game.

"What was going on? What did you find?" The blue cat said. Joe gave a disappointed sigh. "Nothing much of interest," he said. "Only that Tobias got a detention session at lunch tomorrow, and several other Elmore students, also two Amiraths."

"Really? Amiraths got detentions? I thought they're all rule-abiding and angelic."

"I wouldn't really call them angelic," Joe murmured, narrowing his eyes. "More like, prisoners, forced to abide by the rules, wrapped up in chains they can't escape, but me and Tobias still see something in them that makes them more . . . what you would call it, humane."

"Really? What's that?" Gumball asked. "Emotion," The banana answered. "Almost all of them, I've seen them wearing these solemn miserable masks, except for the two Amiraths. Remember that hot bunny? The emotion she showed was anger and rage. Although that wasn't really a positive outcome, she did it to save someone she knew, or at least . . . that's what I think . . . And Tobias told me there was this bee slouching in class."

"Oh, you mean the guy called Goldbrooke?" The blue cat pondered. Joe nodded. "Yeah, the guy who was staring at us like we're some clowns ready to appease him . . . or something. Anyway, they got sent to detention for doing those actions that makes a kid a kid! That's why me and Tobias had this idea to keep this up, and sooner or later, we'll have the Amirath beside us and fight against these monsters which they called themselves teachers,and we will fight for freedom!"

"Nice speech, Mr. President," Tobias snickered. Joe stubbornly stuck a  tongue out at his friend and glanced back at Gumball. 

"I'm giving you another chance to finish that blueprint, Gumball. I'm giving you three days, seeing the danger that warns us to be careful. But if you don't give it to me, the deal's off."

"Wait, what deal?" Tobias asked, raising an eyebrow. The banana tensed and looked to his buddy. Gumball doesn't want Tobias to know of their deal, else he'll try to bombsack Gumball's life for it.