I guess I am just tired of seeing everyone being all couply around me. I know I sound bitter, but it's true. PDA is all the rage right now. Trust me.

But sometimes I would like to have someone to hug spontaneously or someone to kiss out of the blue because I can. I want someone to grab my hand when they miss being in contact. I sometimes want someone to wear my jacket when they feel cold or someone to call beautiful every second of the day because I want them to know how I feel.

I know what a sap. But I'm also in a way talking to myself right now so deal with it.

I guess when the time is right this person will show up, but until then I'm done looking.

Signed Curious Lonely Person.

I didn't know why I even signed it to begin with since no one was actually going to see this but I felt compelled to. It was weird writing a letter, then not signing it at the bottom.

I finally pulled myself out of my stupor and looked around the room. Of course it was empty since the bell has already rung and I failed to notice. What really ticked me off was that my teacher doesn't even bother to notify me that I am the only one left in the classroom.

My eyes flicked to the clock mounted on the wall. It read that I was fucked and I was definitely going to be late to class. Really, it just said I had two minutes to get to class, but that was what I had interpreted it as.

I hopped out of my seat and started haphazardly stuffing things into my backpack and what I didn't have time to put away I decided to carry.

I dashed quickly out into the hallway, glaring at my teacher on the way out. I didn't care what he had to say at the moment all I cared about was getting to class. I know I will be in for it if I was late again for my history class. Let's just say Mrs. Morgan didn't seem to like me very much.

As I ran down the hall, I could distinctly hear someone called my name. "Wren!"

Just as I turned to see who it was who called me, I slammed into someone. I quickly gathered my things that are now scattered all over the hallway floor. I don't even notice the person who I had run into I am in such a rush.

"Sorry." I said quickly, before getting up from the floor and running off to class once again.

As soon as I rounded the corner to get to my history class, the bell rung. "Shit." I huffed, and then slowed to a walk. There was no use in running anymore.

When I finally got to the door, I took a couple breaths trying not to looked as flush as I felt then I opened it.

Everyone's eyes swiveled toward me like they always did when someone was late to class. It was one of the most annoying things ever when they act as if they had never seen someone late to class.

I could hear a low laugh coming from the back of the class. I didn't even have to look to know who it was. One of my best friends, Derek always thought the unfortunate events of my life were hilarious.

I glared at him, as he put his hand over his mouth to stifle his laughter. Derek looked the same as he does every day we came to this hell hole we call school. His hair was unkempt and messy because he didn't bother to comb it. His light blue eyes are sparkling with mirth as I stand in front of the class. Derek's clothes almost looked as bad as his hair and still the ladies swoon at his feet.

"Late again, Miss Michelson? I hope this isn't becoming a frequent thing." Mrs. Morgan chastised, fixing the glasses on her face as she looked at me with complete judgment.

"No Mrs. Morgan." I said with politeness and a hint of sarcasm. Apparently, the students thought it was at least a little funny, Mrs. Morgan clearly didn't.

"Detention Miss Michelson." She said with her mouth in a thin line. I groaned in dismay, and then stalked over to my seat near the back of the classroom as Mrs. Morgan went back to her lesson.

"Late again, Miss Michelson?" Derek mocked me using the same nasally voice Mrs. Morgan used not a moment ago. I swiftly kicked him in the shin as I passed his desk to the one behind him. He groaned in pain immediately cradling his leg.

"Shut up." I said, sticking my tongue out at him. Erin, the girl next to me stuck her hand out for a high five which I connect my palm with a slap.

Erin was my other half and best friend. Erin was the first friend I made before entering high school, besides Derek that is, and we hit it off immediately. It was as if we are two halves of one person. We had the same sort of personality, though she was more excitable and was more out there than I was and obviously we look different in appearance. She liked to also be more optimistic about everything while I was more of a pessimist which usually was my downfall.

While she was on the short side, I stood at 5"7 feet. She has straight blonde hair that reached her shoulder with brown highlights. I had long brown shiny hair that reach to about the middle of my back and I had brown eyes to her green. So you can see how we are different, but also still the same.

But still we are two peas in a pod with Derek on the side. It had always been the three of us against the world.

"Nice one." She complimented. I gave her a cheeky grin before sliding into my seat.

"So abusive." Derek whined, sitting upright in his normal position now that the pain had subsided. I tried to stifle my laughter while grabbing a couple of pens and the notebook I used for the class to seem like I was actually about to prepare to take notes.

As I dug through my backpack I noticed something was missing. I sat there for a moment, staring off into space trying to figure what it was. Then suddenly it hit me. The notebook. The notebook where I poured out my mushy feelings of loneliness on a clean sheet of paper.

I started rummaging frantically through my backpack. I either left it behind in my last class or it was stranded in the hallway where I had ran into that person. I smacked myself on the forehead. Why was I cursed with being so forgetful?

"Lose something?" Derek mouthed, with a slight look of concern.

Yeah, just my dignity if someone found that notebook, I thought. I didn't sign my sign my name at the end of the letter, but I remembered writing my name on the back of the notebook like I do with all my things.

I shook my head slightly. I was not going to tell him what I had really lost. He would just laugh at my expense as he usually does, then make fun of me for having feelings. Unlike him. I didn't need that right now. The notebook could have been anywhere. With anyone.

It was normal for me to lose things which made me feel a lot worse because it was almost like this was bound to happen. I should have never written in the notebook to being with.

It was official now. I was completely mortified and I prayed that no one would find it or if they do, they will just keep it to themselves.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Yep that's it for the first chapter. I know its not much but it's the first chapter so what can you expect. Just to let you guys know, I deliberately chose not to explain Derek's and Wren background together because that will most certainly come later.

I hope you guys out there go on to the next chapter and keep reading after that :)

If you want to help me out on my writing journey please consider donating a cup of coffee to my Ko- fi! :

https://ko-fi.com/athenasimone96

Also check out my blog called Writing Rainbow all about fostering diversity in writers and readers!

https://writingrainbow1.wordpress.com

~~Athena