Chapter 5

Back on Earth, Jane paces around her apartment while Darcy is sat watching the news on TV

"Kaya isn't called me back. Erik isn't calling me back. Stupid SHIELD isn't calling me back!" Jane yells frustrated.

Jane leaves a voice message for Erik. "Uh...hey, Erik. It's Darcy again. Uh...Thor came back, he took my intern to Asgard and um...I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do." As Darcy is watching the news they start reporting about Erik being arrested at Stonehenge.

"Something else went missing this week when Astrophysicist, Dr. Erik Selvig, notable for his involvement in the Alien invasion in New York streaked nude across Stonehenge." The news reporter said catching Darcy's attention.

"Jane, you really need to look at this. I think Erik's on the Tv?" Jane stops and looks at the news report on TV.

"disrobed and began shouting at visitors at the historic site. He was later taken into police custody for psychiatric evaluation. The police are still refusing to confirm." Darcy presses the pause button on Erik's face from footage taken at Stonehenge, Darcy and Jane sit in dismay as she looks at Erik's face on the TV.

In Asgard, Thor is sat alone when Heimdall walks up to him. "You're not in Odin's war council?"

"The Bifrost is closed by your father's orders. No one is to come or to go."Heimdall says while he takes off his helmet and places it on the table. "We face an enemy that is invisible even to me. Of what use is a guardian such as that?" He sits down looking defeated.

"Malekith will return, you know this. I'll need your help." Thor told Heimdall.

"I cannot overrule my King's wishes, not even for you."

"I'm not asking you to. The Realms need their All-Father strong and unchallenged, whether he is or not. But he is blinded, Heimdall, by hatred and by grief." Thor explained.

"As are we all." Heimdall muttered.

"Well I see clearly enough."

"The risks are too great."

"Everything that we do from here on is a risk, there is no other way." Thor told him.

Heimdall hesitates before replying. "What do you require of me?"

Thor smiles, proud that he persuaded him. "What I'm about to ask of you is treason of the highest order. Success will bring us exile and failure shall mean our death. Malekith knew the Aether was here, he can sense its power. If we do nothing he will come for it again, but this time lay waste to all of Asgard."

Thor holds a meeting with Sif, Fandral, Volstagg and Heimdall. "We must move Jane off world." Thor said telling the aim of the game.

"The Bifrost has been shut down and the Tesseract locked away in a vault." Sir pointed out.

"There are other paths off Asgard, ways known only to a few." Heimdall shared an escape strategy.

"One, actually." Thor adds, the others suddenly realize he means Loki.

"No." Volstag refuses.

"He'll betray you." Fandral argued.

"Do you have a greater idea?" Thor asked but no one spoke up.

[Thor walks up to Loki's cell where he is standing looking well kept and clean]Loki: Thor, after all this time now you come to visit me. Why? Have you come to gloat? To mock?Thor: Loki, enough. No more illusions. [suddenly Loki's cell is transformed, the illusion is lifted and we see that Loki's cell is a mess, everything has been thrown around and he's sat on the floor, looking unkempt and messy, in the other corner of the cell]