Episode 6 - I'm Sorry

Start from the beginning

"Hi Aito, namiss din kita" - I said.

"Likewise." - he replied with a short pat on my head and ruffled my hair. I laughed at his silly antic and took a good look at both Jaycee and Aito.

They both grew up to be amazing adults. After graduating, they found their dream jobs and earned for a living. Jaycee  became a successful novelist while Aito became an accountant. I let out a small sigh. Though it may have been 8 years since we saw each other, they haven't changed a bit. They were still the friends I love and love me back.

"Ah! Nga pala, si V, boyfriend ko." - I introduced them to V who was now carrying a fair amount of luggage with him and walking towards us.

V reached my side and put out his hand for both of them to shake. "Nice to finally meet you" - he smiled.

Jaycee quickly took his hand and shook is vigorously. "Nice to meet you too! As you know, I'm Jaycee, Myrah's best friend! OMG ang gwapo mo pala sa personal!" - she blurted out and I chuckled. V let out an awkward smile. 

"Ehem." - Aito cleared his throat and Jaycee let go of V's hand mouthing a 'sorry love' jokingly.

This time, Aito gave a firm handshake and greeted V. "Nice to meet you man. I'm Aito. Hope Myrah didn't cause you any trouble." - he joked and eyed me like I was a ticking time bomb.

"Oh she does more than that actuall--- Ack!" - V laughed and replied but I elbowed him before he even finished. Crunched down slightly, he continued, "See?"

I gave him a glare but rubbed the part where I elbowed him to ease the pain. "Anyway! we should really go and unpack your things at the hotel." - I told them.

They nodded and the guys carried the luggage as we headed out the airport.

Ah! I can't wait to spend some time with Jaycee. Having her here might be just help me take my mind off of work and anything else bothering me. Oh and I better take Jaycee and Aito with me to visit my mom. I know she'll be happy to see them both.

I already have the whole week planned out. I'm so excited I could barely think of anything else! Nothing can possibly ruin this day!

But moments later, I was proven wrong yet again. I guess I spoke too soon.

We were almost at the exit doors when I felt like time slowed for a bit. On the other side of the doors a familiar figure came walking in.

Glass walls separated the entrance and exit doors but there's no doubt that it was him..... with his wife.

My eyes followed him for a second then I turned my attention back to the exit doors and walked out.

Ang perfect naman ata ng timing. Bakit ba parati ko lang siya nakikita? Ganito ba ka liit ang mundo para sa amin? I clenched my fists for a moment but lost the strength when a thought invaded my mind.

Aalis siya.

Seeing him leave, deep down, I wondered if he'll be coming back. Like an idiot, I couldn't help but feel sad.