「 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 」

"i'm back!" an eight year old lisa said, greeting her family. she jumped into her father's arms while receiving a pat on the head from her mother.

she gave a peck on their cheeks, then excitedly jumped to the floor.

her father chuckled. "aren't you a bit hyper today, princess?" he asked.

lisa glanced at the bags on her father's eyes, then smiled. "of course! daddy will be here all week instead of work, so since mommy will be gone during the mornings, i get to tend to daddy!" she exclaimed.

"why don't you go to bed early, dear. you seem to be a bit tired," her mother said, gripping onto his hands worriedly.

"no, i'll be quite fine. i'll just grab the box from outside and come back. it'll be very quick!" he said with a soft, sincere smile.

lisa's mom sighed, but let him go.

-

"why isn't daddy back yet?" lisa asked as she skipped downstairs after changing her clothes. her nanny held her hand, walking beside her.

"hm, i'm not sure. why don't you go to your mom and ask?"

lisa beamed. "that's a good idea."

she let go of her nanny's hand and continued down the stairs by herself while calling for her mother. "mommy?" she asked. "where are you?"

after looking around the house, lisa opened the door to the backyard, deciding that she wasn't inside.

after hearing laughter, she grinned and continued to go to the front. "mommy! what's so funny?"

the young girl stopped in her tracks as she found her mother crying on the grass of the front lawn.

it wasn't laughter she heard, but crying.

"what's wrong mom-"

her eyes landed from her to the body dangling above them. her mother quickly picked herself up and covered her daughter's eyes.

it was her father.

his body was dangling above them.

"it's going to be alright, sweetie," her mother said in between her sobs.

lisa knew she was trying to stop crying for her sake.

her small hands gripped her mother's sleeve, and slowly, her tears fell.

her father had committed suicide.