09

Finns pov

"I don't know how I feel about that Noah kid" Gaten said. He passed me the shitty joint he attempted to roll on the way here but his hands were to shaky so it ended up mediocre compared to his usual neatness. We were sitting on Millie's bed waiting for her to get out of the shower.

"Why" I asked, putting the bomber in between my teeth and lighting it.

"Because- pass it you bitch" Gaten snapped.

"Dude I just fucking lit it can you wait a second. I barely got a hit".

"Sorry, all this shit has got me stressed out. This...this isn't over I hope you know".

"What the hell does that mean". I crossed my legs and exhaled, before passing the joint to Gatens impatient ass.

"First off that- that Noah kid". Gaten shook his head. "I do feel bad for him like of course I do but he wasn't...he wasn't telling us everything. He knows something- those guys told him something". He was shaking and I decided he needed the high more than I did, so I let him be greedy and take the rest. I wasn't really that upset. I mean it sucks what happened to Noah but Millie was fine and I'd make sure nothing bad happened to her. Trust me...I wouldn't take my eyes off her.

"They're gonna try something, Finn". Gaten wasn't looking at me and he had this blank expression on his face. At first I thought it was because he was already climbing his way up but I realized he wasnt, he was scared. I looked down.

"They're gonna try something...with Millie huh?" I asked, running my nail across the sheets on the bed.

"I hope not but just uh...keep an eye on her". I looked up.

"Where the fuck are those guys from anyways? Do they live around here?"

"I think. They belong to the same crowd as the people at the party".

"So they're snobs".

"Hey not all of them are bad...". Then I remembered.

"What's her name" I asked, winking at him.

"Maddie and she just hooked me up that's all ".

"Stoner chicks. I like it" I reached over, shoving his knee and in response he pushed my shoulder causing me to fall back. We laughed for a moment but then we were interrupted by the opening of the bathroom door. Millie's head popped out from behind the door.

"Can one of you get those clothes off the dresser?" she asked. Gaten practically jumped off the bed.

"Don't mind if I do". He went to the dresser, picking up the clothes Millie asked for. He didn't even get the chance to take a step towards the bathroom before I came and snatched them away.

"Perv" I said to Gaten, turning around.

"And you're not?"

Ignoring the comment I went and handed the clothing to Millie.

"Here you go". She took them quickly and shut the door. I looked back at Gaten.

"Dude I'm gonna kill yo-".

"Relax I wouldn't try and get with her because ya know" He shrugged. "She's your game or whatever. Listen i'm gonna go, remember what I told you?"

"Yeah".

"Okay see ya" he said, rushing out the door.

What the hell.

I didn't get to think about it much because Millie emerged from the bathroom almost instantly after Gaten left. She looked around.

"Where'd he go?".

"He ran out of here. Probably had somewhere to be...or not". Millie laughed and nodded walking over to her bed. She opened up the drawer of the night stand and took out her brush and started running it through her hair. She turned back around with a disgusted look on her face.

"Did you two smoke in here?" she asked.

"Uh yeah. Sorry about that".

"That's gross".

"Oh please if you weren't in the shower you would've joined". She grinned at me and started walking over, still brushing her hair.

"Did Sadie and Caleb come by?"

"No they went back to the beach to find Sadie's shoes" I said, walking over and flopping back on her bed. She looked down at me and raised an eyebrow. She smiled and for a second I thought she was going to join me but she walked off, back into the bathroom.

I sighed and turned my head so I could look at her as she squeezed the water out of her hair and proceeded to run her fingers through it.

"You're beautiful" I said. She looked my way.

"Trying to kiss ass, why?"

"I'm not trying to kiss ass. Gosh can't I give you a compliment? I feel like I never get to do that".

"I don't like compliments" she said, walking out and back over to me.

"Sure you do. Everyone likes compliments".

"Not me". She sat down on the edge of the bed in front of me, looking down at her feet as she continued to run her fingers through her hair. I sat up, behind her.

"Why? Don't say you think you're ugly or something". She didn't respond. Did she think she was ugly? How could anyone so- so beautiful think that. She's more than beautiful she's- maybe I should tell her instead of myself.

I wrapped my arms around her and laid my head on her slightly damp back.

"How many times do I need to say it for you to believe it". She giggled.

"You don't need to say it at all".

"But I do". I felt her move and she turned around and faced me. She looked flushed and gave me a small smile.

"You're an idiot".

"Aw how sweet. I think it's the nicest thing you've ever said to me". She gave me a sly smile before she threw herself into my arms causing me to fall back. I think that's what she was trying to do, either way I didn't mind.

I wrapped my arms around her back and she lifted herself up on her elbows. I tucked her wet hair behind her ears so I could see her face.

I liked this. The mixture of sounds from our laughing and heavy breathing to the way she accidentally kneed me in my thigh and I tried to pretend like it didn't hurt like a bitch. I liked the way she smiled above me, looking into my eyes and somehow turning me into mush. I liked how unfamiliar this feeling felt. I don't normally feel like this for anyone much less someone like Millie. Not that Millie's bad because we all know how I feel at this point. It's just, I've never come across feelings like this. I've never come across feeling like this over someone. Or someone feeling the same about me. I just didn't want to loose this. I didn't want to loose her.

-

a/n
This is kinda a filler chapter because I needed the next one to be in Millie's pov so I just kinda stuck this one in here. Sorry if i'm milking it too much or it's getting boring things are gonna start getting...interesting.